How do you rate any recent contact you have had with the council?

How do you rate any recent contact you have had with the council ?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate any recent contact you have had with the council ?

• very poor
    • poor
    • ok
    • good
    • very good

i've just been offered a house by them on a priority. It's took some time but was worth it, they've been good at returning my calls ect, sometimes i felt they weren't interested but i suppose they do have alot of applicants to deal with.

:)

I'm pleased for you Kat. It does seem as though you're waiting forever, but there are so few available Council properties (tenants buy them, there are loads of people with waiting time) that you think it's never going to happen. I've seen so many people through this process and Sheffield Homes staff (and Sheffield City Council if you're dealing with the Homeless section) have never let us down. They have to thoroughly research every single applicant, because desperate people try desperate measures and they have to make sure that every case fits the criteria which have been so painstakingly put in place.

I hope you enjoy your property and spare a thank you for the officers who worked so hard (and they really, really do) to find a home for you. Good luck!

Not terribly impressed with their overall service delivery. After a moth infestation they told me they couldnt guarantee their work because moths could still get in through an open window. What they should've told me is that I could buy & fix screens to prevent the darn things getting in again.

This typifies my experiences of the various council departments with which I've had the misfortune to come in to contact.

Not good at all. This sounds unbelievable but when we moved in 18 months ago, neighbours told us that the bottom of our garden was bad because there is an old car and motorbike buried there. We tried to find it, and uncovered loads of old vehicle parts and car badges. I contacted Sheffield Homes and told them how dangerous it was. I'm still arguing with them, as they say we must move all the stuff and make it good.All this was from a previous tenant, and I say it should have been made safe before re letting. I now want to move to a smaller place, but I can't because of the garden. Maybe I should call in Time Team.The worst of it is, my partner and I are disabled and can't really get a JCB down the garden! The grandchildren can't play in it, and oil seeps to the surface. Apparently it was originally a 12ft x 12ft pond which was filled in using the vehicles and rubble. Any ideas welcome.

Im always e-mailing Streetforce , and bless them they are alway quick to reply back with infomation :thumbsup:

Since the Labour Government took over in the mid nineties a slow but steady improvement as been made in all City Council Departments that I have dealt with.

I've found them very helpful and reasonably quick to act when needed,

Street-force calls for special mention because the service that they provide is ' Second to None '.

I can only hope now that when the Lib-Dems take over running the council, Wednesday or Thursday next, that these improvements continue for everyones benefit.

Thanks for the replys, I'm glad its not all doom & gloom on the poll front, it's a pretty even mix so far.

I'm sure the councils front line staff must have to deal with a lot of enquiries.

Thanks for the replys, I'm glad its not all doom & gloom on the poll front, it's a pretty even mix so far.

I'm sure the councils front line staff must have to deal with a lot of enquiries.

It's not the first port of call which is the problem - it's the follow up.

..historically, my dealings with them have been awful, but I asked them for some information on Monday, not expecting a reply for weeks and got a written reply on Wednesday..so :thumbsup:

Street light repaired in 2 days, I'm impressed

discusted to be honest !!!!!!!! theyve let an idiotic family move in 3 doors up from us

in the space of 3 weeks i have had to cal police 8 times 2 times today im sick of it

asked to speak to a officer about it (antisocial team ) phoned wed, he wasent there so was told hed phone back. no phone call . so i phones thurs and told same again , then friday and guess what no call again ,,, do they care ????????? do they heck x