Peter Harvey - Rip

Todays Star as reported that star columist and Sheffield legand Peter Harvey as passed away aged 73 (Think radio sheffield said 71)

Peter ws well known in latter years for his "sheffield history and sheffield history books"

His street names of sheffield is a mind of information

I only met peter once that was at a sheffield history fair and he was a true gentlemen and very knowledgable

My condolances to his familly

I used to enjoy reading his amusing column in the Star. About the only thing that was worth reading in there at times.

Blimey!!! :(

R.I.P.

Sad news indeed.

Yes, very sad.

Looking at his books of photographs on the history of Sheffield gave me a lot of enthusiasm for photographing the city myself.

Oh this is sad news, I have several of his local books and have enjoyed much of his writings.

RIP Peter.

Condolances to his friends and family.

When I used to read The Star about 10 years ago his column was the only bit worth the effort. R.I.P. :(

I remember his columns in the Sheffield Morning Telegraph back in the '70s and '80s, and his little snippets of local history - road names, place names, etc. Will be missed.

I used to buy the star just to read his column, I used to love reading his stuff.

I'm sure he'll be very sadly missed by family,friends and readers, but I found his column in the Star to be very weak.

I'm sure he'll be very sadly missed by family,friends and readers, but I found his column in the Star to be very weak.

why would you say something like that after he has died! Thats your opinion wrong thread to add it on to.

Peter was a very good writer, and I always read his column.