Sheffield United Top Attendance Charts

tosh13

Work it out pal you seem to know so much...what's up can't take your own medicine ?

i've really really got to you hav'nt i micky love.

cant take my own medicine!!! thats what we used to say at school.

stick to having digs at heyesay bud he's more your support level.

right off to do what you do when wendy's playing. watch tele.

chat laters micky love.

FIREMAN.

but we did'nt have a sustained period of success. 1 season and relegated average 31,000. wendy had a succesful season finished 3rd european place and 29,000 average with a lot more room for visitors than we had last year.

For a team that spent 12 years in the second tier of English football, making the playoffs, getting to cup semi-finals and gaining promotion (albeit just for 1 season) is a sustained period of success. Our attendances reflect that.

In comparison Wednesday's attendance has suffered since their relegation from the Premier League and subsequent relegation battles.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

Sheffield Wednesday attendances

Sheffield United attendances

In our promotion season we still drew a smaller crowd than Wednesday, who finished 19th.

The season we made the play-off final and domestic cup semis, we still had lower attendances than Wednesday, who were relegated.

So I don't really see the relevance in us having higher gates at the moment, because history shows us it probably wont last, and it doesn't really matter.

For a team that spent 12 years in the second tier of English football, making the playoffs, getting to cup semi-finals and gaining promotion (albeit just for 1 season) is a sustained period of success. Our attendances reflect that.

In comparison Wednesday's attendance has suffered since their relegation from the Premier League and subsequent relegation battles.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

Sheffield Wednesday attendances

Sheffield United attendances

In our promotion season we still drew a smaller crowd than Wednesday, who finished 19th.

The season we made the play-off final and domestic cup semis, we still had lower attendances than Wednesday, who were relegated.

So I don't really see the relevance in us having higher gates at the moment, because history shows us it probably wont last, and it doesn't really matter.

sorry mate but 1 season in premier and relegated at the end of it, losing in all play offs we've got to, losing in all semi's we,ve been in. is not my idea of sustained success. wendy on the other hand league cup win, european qualification, multi million pound signings but still cant average more than 30,000 a season including 10,000 man united fans not 2,800.

its difficult to judge attendances till next season. in utd promotion season it was never sold out, i think it was 25k roughly, fair enough, in your one season in prem you got a full stadium but how many of the people that got season tickets bought them because it was youre first season in the prem and maybe youre only for a while. then last season, most people renewed expecting promotion, maybe if you had struggled on in prem for 5-6 seasons you might of still filled the stadium but we will never know now. it will be interesting to see how many fans utd get this coming season, then it will be easier to judge

its difficult to judge attendances till next season. in utd promotion season it was never sold out, i think it was 25k roughly, fair enough, in your one season in prem you got a full stadium but how many of the people that got season tickets bought them because it was youre first season in the prem and maybe youre only for a while. then last season, most people renewed expecting promotion, maybe if you had struggled on in prem for 5-6 seasons you might of still filled the stadium but we will never know now. it will be interesting to see how many fans utd get this coming season, then it will be easier to judge

In the Stir tonight that over 12,000 Blades have renewed their season tickets ;)

Well done Blades, where were you all two years ago when you were out-supported(again) by your lowly neighbours from S6..........anyone ? SHHHHHHH

quickfire question....when did Sheffield United last have an attendance over 35,000 at Bramall lane ?

Last time we had over 35,000 at BDTBL? Yonks ago I would imagine, because the capacity of the ground was reduced to less than this when it became all seater some years ago.

Unlike Swillsboro' which it was charming to see just looks the same and holds the same as it did back in the 1970's.

I love this banter. The only thing the Wednesdayites can boast about is crowd figures. No matter that they averaged lower crowds than United all season. No matter that they only had 5,500 season ticket holders compared to United's 20,000. No matter that their ground is old and decrepid and needing more than a lick of paint, (although even a lick of paint would help). No matter that they are £25 Million or more in debt with a team that narrowly missed out on relegation to the old 3rd division again this season. They love to believe that they are the "big club" in Sheffield. Wrong!

Not in any one area are they bigger than United - unless we are talking about the word score on a Scrabble board perhaps?

Last time we had over 35,000 at BDTBL? Yonks ago I would imagine, because the capacity of the ground was reduced to less than this when it became all seater some years ago.

Unlike Swillsboro' which it was charming to see just looks the same and holds the same as it did back in the 1970's.

I love this banter. The only thing the Wednesdayites can boast about is crowd figures. No matter that they averaged lower crowds than United all season. No matter that they only had 5,500 season ticket holders compared to United's 20,000. No matter that their ground is old and decrepid and needing more than a lick of paint, (although even a lick of paint would help). No matter that they are £25 Million or more in debt with a team that narrowly missed out on relegation to the old 3rd division again this season. They love to believe that they are the "big club" in Sheffield. Wrong!

Not in any one area are they bigger than United - unless we are talking about the word score on a Scrabble board perhaps?

All this and in 2 months time we start level.

All this and in 2 months time we start level.

yes, not for long though eh?

Last season, despite us gifting you 4 points which in the end ensured your survival, you were above United for approximately 2 hours out of the entire season.

Maybe you can make it a whole day this coming season?

I don't wish Wednesday anything bad by the way, it would be great if they and United ran away with the Championship next season and we got around to Derby matches in the Prem. But, I do wish those Wednesdayites would come to terms with the fact that they are Sheffield's number 2 club thesedays in every respect.