Sheffield United Top Attendance Charts

but you didnt average 30,000 the season you got in europe. but we did it last season and never out of relegation trouble. so that makes your theory look a tad stupid. dont you think.

I'm a Blade.

And no, the theory isn't stupid. Sustained periods of success draw high attendances. Sustained periods of under-achievement bring low attendances in comparison.

bladebloke, here is a quote from a Bleacher report article to substantiate my previous post.

"The gradual increase in average attendance figures of the Premiership from 22,180 in 1992-93, to 33,884 in 2007-08 has clearly pumped vast amounts into teams playing in the Premier League."

bladebloke, you obviously have not noticed that attendances generally increased since Wednesday were in the Premiership, back in the early 90s.. that is a fact ! Had Wednesday been in the Premiership in the Last few years they would also have had better attendances than back then !

In response to your next post...well obviously you can't get 36,000 into a 32,000 capacity stadium but my original question was when did you last get over 35,000 at Bramall Lane...you should know !

yes i do know it was april 1980. but it matters not to me if it was 35,000 or 5,000 my sooper dooper support can be counted on. none of that i work shifts b*******. oh and susan hampshire called ma a w****r (winner) so thanks for the earlier compliment micky love... FIREMAN.

bladebloke, here is a quote from a Bleacher report article to substantiate my previous post.

"The gradual increase in average attendance figures of the Premiership from 22,180 in 1992-93, to 33,884 in 2007-08 has clearly pumped vast amounts into teams playing in the Premier League."

yep but ground capacity as increased since then. when man utd were improving their stadium capacity went down to 40,000. roker park's safety capacity went down to around 22,000 now they play in a 45,000 stadium. highbury 39,000 to 60,000. but that doesn't apply to you as you've always had a big stadium but only get crowds over 30,000 when theres 8,000 visitors at the other end.

Brilliant, the Super Fan posts another quality reply...rattled again.....OFFICE BOY.....put the kettle on love !

I'm a Blade.

And no, the theory isn't stupid. Sustained periods of success draw high attendances. Sustained periods of under-achievement bring low attendances in comparison.

but we did'nt have a sustained period of success. 1 season and relegated average 31,000. wendy had a succesful season finished 3rd european place and 29,000 average with a lot more room for visitors than we had last year.

Brilliant, the Super Fan posts another quality reply...rattled again.....OFFICE BOY.....put the kettle on love !

go on then micky love why office boy. FIREMAN

Work it out pal you seem to know so much...what's up can't take your own medicine ?

Work it out pal you seem to know so much...what's up can't take your own medicine ?

i've really really got to you hav'nt i micky love.

cant take my own medicine!!! thats what we used to say at school.

stick to having digs at heyesay bud he's more your support level.

right off to do what you do when wendy's playing. watch tele.

chat laters micky love.

FIREMAN.

but we did'nt have a sustained period of success. 1 season and relegated average 31,000. wendy had a succesful season finished 3rd european place and 29,000 average with a lot more room for visitors than we had last year.

For a team that spent 12 years in the second tier of English football, making the playoffs, getting to cup semi-finals and gaining promotion (albeit just for 1 season) is a sustained period of success. Our attendances reflect that.

In comparison Wednesday's attendance has suffered since their relegation from the Premier League and subsequent relegation battles.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

Sheffield Wednesday attendances

Sheffield United attendances

In our promotion season we still drew a smaller crowd than Wednesday, who finished 19th.

The season we made the play-off final and domestic cup semis, we still had lower attendances than Wednesday, who were relegated.

So I don't really see the relevance in us having higher gates at the moment, because history shows us it probably wont last, and it doesn't really matter.

For a team that spent 12 years in the second tier of English football, making the playoffs, getting to cup semi-finals and gaining promotion (albeit just for 1 season) is a sustained period of success. Our attendances reflect that.

In comparison Wednesday's attendance has suffered since their relegation from the Premier League and subsequent relegation battles.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

Sheffield Wednesday attendances

Sheffield United attendances

In our promotion season we still drew a smaller crowd than Wednesday, who finished 19th.

The season we made the play-off final and domestic cup semis, we still had lower attendances than Wednesday, who were relegated.

So I don't really see the relevance in us having higher gates at the moment, because history shows us it probably wont last, and it doesn't really matter.

sorry mate but 1 season in premier and relegated at the end of it, losing in all play offs we've got to, losing in all semi's we,ve been in. is not my idea of sustained success. wendy on the other hand league cup win, european qualification, multi million pound signings but still cant average more than 30,000 a season including 10,000 man united fans not 2,800.

its difficult to judge attendances till next season. in utd promotion season it was never sold out, i think it was 25k roughly, fair enough, in your one season in prem you got a full stadium but how many of the people that got season tickets bought them because it was youre first season in the prem and maybe youre only for a while. then last season, most people renewed expecting promotion, maybe if you had struggled on in prem for 5-6 seasons you might of still filled the stadium but we will never know now. it will be interesting to see how many fans utd get this coming season, then it will be easier to judge