Blades/owls overseas

old piggy bull keeps having a dig at canada blade about not being a proper blade cos he lives abroad. now nobody dislikes a part timer more than me. but even i turn a blind eye to a fan who lives over seas blade or pig.

the question i put is.

would you turn down a better job/ life over seas to follow your team.

i love my city but believe it is a dump. if my numbers come up tonight on the lottery. i'd be off like a shot. not as far as canada but proberbly the island of mallorca or portugal and would come back about a dozen times a season mainly to see the blades. but the lottery is a luxury going away to work is a differant story. theres thousands of blokes working in iraq, afghanistan that would love to watch there teams every week but have to work. i understand cb's away to give his familly a life they could'nt have here. last week he was in america and watching footy in bolivia things that me and most on here i wager can only dream off. i bet that game he came over for this season cost him more than most fans spend in a full season watching football. and he spent more at the sty than over 10,000 so called pigs did this year. and don't forget before he went he followed united all over even the dark days of division 4.

perhaps some of the "part" timers getting his abuse - also had the choice of expensive football tickets or food on the table.

I stopped the fortnightly visits when i got made redundant and tbh have never been financially stable enough to justify the costs of premiership football at that time. I now visit sporadically and almost all the steel city derby's.

All Hail Canadablade :roll:

All Hail Canadablade :roll:

Hail, Hail :hihi:

it would have to be alot better life just to make me think about moving overseas but its not like i get to many matches at the moment so it wouldnt be like i'd miss much. if i could go to alot more matches i would struggle to do what cb did.

i nearly forgot, HAIL, HAIL CANADABLADE

I'm emigrating in the next 12 months.... Greece.... looking forward to

earning £3-£4 an hour.

The life style's about 10 times better than here. Work like a donkey for 6 months, then have 6 months off.

Not bad eh?

No pressure, no stress, no oneupmanship.... marvelleous !!

Oh.... and nobody calling me a pig every 2 minutes!

cb ge-us a job

I'd give my left leg to emigrate to Canada. Visited a bird inToronto a few years back and seriously thought about staying their after tasting the way of life they enjoy.

As for the football, well, if your significantly improving the lifestyle and prospects of you and your family then that should'nt come into the equation if you ask me, Owl or Blade.

I now visit sporadically and almost all the steel city derby's.

so in short a big game fan. back of the queue for tickets if i had my way.

right any chance of answering the question :loopy:

it would have to be alot better life just to make me think about moving overseas but its not like i get to many matches at the moment so it wouldnt be like i'd miss much. if i could go to alot more matches i would struggle to do what cb did.

i nearly forgot, HAIL, HAIL CANADABLADE

why do i bother?:(

I wouldn't emigrate, i think about it every time i have a holiday. but if i did i'd never set foot in the uk again and definiteley not for football.

I wouldn't call steel city derby's big games - just atmospheric. I went to see the Blades play Leeds the other as got my father tickets as a gift. Biggest waste of money ever spent.:hihi:

I'm emigrating in the next 12 months.... Greece.... looking forward to

earning £3-£4 an hour.

The life style's about 10 times better than here. Work like a donkey for 6 months, then have 6 months off.

Not bad eh?

No pressure, no stress, no oneupmanship.... marvelleous !!

Oh.... and nobody calling me a pig every 2 minutes!

sincere good wishes bud. but once a pig always a pig :)