Bramall Lane closed 22nd April

:D:D

It'll continue past Saturday ;)

Aslong as the fire doesn't spread to the ground that is :(

Wouldn’t it be great if it went to the last match, I can see a night out on the south coast coming.

2 gas canisters have exploded at the hotel.

Latest update, the surrounding area will now be closed for 24 hours.

What about the apartments near by, will people still be able to access them?

Thanks for the links everyone, nothing more to report at the moment.

I will post as soon as the road re-opens. I'm on Bramall Lane so not going anywhere for the moment.

As any body found any links about the fire, are the closures a precaution or is it that bad.

Doesn't look very on fire to me.... http://www.sufchotel.com/sufc_webcam.asp

Although you can see that the road is closed http://sccplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/utc/cam03.htm

EDIT: FROM THE STAR WEBSITE:

BREAKING: Bramall Lane area sealed off

By Mike Russell

ROADS around Sheffield United's Bramall Lane ground have been sealed off after a blaze broke out on a hotel building site on Cherry Street.

Residents in the area are being told to stay inside their homes.

Acetylene and propane cylinders are reported to be on fire and the area has been sealed as a precaution in the event of any explosions.

Cherry Street, Shoreham Street and Bramall Lane are all shut causing severe traffic congestion in the area.

Three fire appliances are dealing with the situation, from the Central and Mansfield Road stations, as well a ladder platform.

Police are refusing to let anyone in or out of the cordoned off area.

how am i gonna get my car out the bloomin car park???

Access to the car park is completely blocked, nobody will be allowed in or out, all the staff have had to leave their cars there too.

Dangerous gas cylinders? I can see a vacancy for a site manager coming up then

Can't see any flames at all on those webcams, that can only be a good thing. Why have they completely closed the area though, and are leaving it closed for 24 hours if a) theres no fire and b) the gas cylinders have already exploded? I haven't heard an explosion (I only work about half a mile away) and it doesn't look like any damage has been caused (according to the webcam).

It COULD be that the cylinders are very hot - in which case the fire brigade will be keeping them cool and monitoring them closely for a few hours at least, before safely removing them, I would believe.

Mod Note : Lets remember this is NOT a football thread so keep on topic please.

It COULD be that the cylinders are very hot - in which case the fire brigade will be keeping them cool and monitoring them closely for a few hours at least, before safely removing them, I would believe.

I thought they'd already exploded though?