And the next shop to close in Hillsborough is?

The point is that when housing becomes available in Hillsborough it gets snapped up quickly because Hillsborough is a popular area.

Which then get sold on again when the new occupiers decide Hillsborough isn't what they thought it was going to be like:D

Oh i see folks sell they house in the area because its so good to be in :loopy:

Thats why we have the estate agents:hihi:

A bit of an inane comment!

House sell because somebody wants to buy them.. Someone moves out and someone moves in. If there wasn't a market for houses then the estate agents wouldn't be there. You really need to worry when the estate agents move out.

'For mens clothes there is nowhere.'

'Menswear, sports gear i can think of so far'

What about Ashfords, excellent clothes, good prices, but not really for the Peacocks crowd.

Been shopping in Hillsborough today. I love it.Still looking like a bomb site though on Hillsborough corner.

Looks like SWFC next to close as they've announced rise in season ticket prices. All the callers tonite to radio sheffield's 'praise or grumble' saying they aint gonna renew their tickets next season cos it's just not worth it!

I can do all my food and household shopping within walking distance of Hillsborough corner if I want to. There aren't many areas in the city with the range of shops that we have here. Ok, there are more upmarket shopping areas - but not everyone could afford to shop at Waitrose or M&S all the time, even if they were convenient. I'm quite happy using the local butchers, chemist, Post Office, bakers and shops like Wilkinsons & Dunelm. When I want clothes or treats, I head for town - its only a tram ride away!

Places can't stay the same, shops go out of business as people's tastes change or as the owners retire or get fed up. I say good on anyone who tries to make a go of a small business these days!

Support your local shops - that should be what we're saying in Hillsborough, not trying to identify which one's going to fail.

Peacocks sell shoes

and Revolutions

what about Ashfords?

Peacocks doesnt sell kids or mens shoes.

Revolutions - took one look at the window and thought that it wasnt a shop for me.

Ashfords - never heard of it.

I don't think the popularity of Hillsborough as somewhere to live is all that relevant to this particular thread, whats more interesting is how many of you shop in Hillsborough, or drive to Meadowhall/supermarkets/etc?

Speaking of the Leisure Centre, that is the same one that hospitalised a load of kids the day it re-opened right?

Wynsors shoe shop is not far from Hillsborough, and they have a very wide range of men's and children's shoes.

Wynsors shoe shop is not far from Hillsborough, and they have a very wide range of men's and children's shoes.

Its not in hillsborough though is it?

Its not in hillsborough though is it?

No, but it's within walking distance.

No, but it's within walking distance.

No its not really within walking distance, when you want to browse the shops!!