Forum Camping group!

the first time I went camping with them it was at Yulgreave - funnily enough, the first wak I went on was aso to that very same place. After the 1st night, we all grabbed some water and went for a walk - so the group isn't opposed to seeing the countryside. And as I seem to recall, there were a lot of potos being taken.

Oh NO!!! can it possibly be that there are some people in this world who manage to combine 3 things at once?????

I like the idea of the camp/walk crossover thing.

the first time I went camping with them it was at Yulgreave - funnily enough, the first wak I went on was aso to that very same place. After the 1st night, we all grabbed some water and went for a walk - so the group isn't opposed to seeing the countryside. And as I seem to recall, there were a lot of potos being taken.

Oh NO!!! can it possibly be that there are some people in this world who manage to combine 3 things at once?????

I like the idea of the camp/walk crossover thing.

There has been a clamour for a separate camping group for ages, with threads started about it and petitions to the admin/geoff but without any discernable feedback. It hacks people off when other groups are created that don't have the same levels of support and weren't put forward in the "forum suggestions" section, they just seem to have been created overnight.

But ours is not to question why

CAMPING GROUP NOW!!!!

:hihi:

I've asked Admin for an update on this, and as soon as I get an answer I'll post it in here.

As I have said by PM and via the Helpdesk to a number of people who have asked, I am no longer involved in the setting up and running of the groups and so do not have an answer to your question. This question should be addressed to Lindseyw, who is looking after the groups now.

The forum is a free service and the groups are offered as a part of that free service. All forum development is done at a pace that is sustainable on both a server and a bandwidth level- this affects whether new groups are brought online at all and, if they are, at what pace.

I am sure that you are aware that the number of requests for new groups far outstrips the possible number that can be set up and run, and also that Lindsey and Geoff will be doing their best to set up as many as are practical to run in a stable manner, but I am unable to comment on proposed groups, the order in which they have been planned and when they can be started.

There has been a clamour for a separate camping group for ages, with threads started about it and petitions to the admin/geoff but without any discernable feedback. It hacks people off when other groups are created that don't have the same levels of support and weren't put forward in the "forum suggestions" section, they just seem to have been created overnight.

But ours is not to question why

Are you aware of quite how many applications for groups there are? At any one point it can be measured by the dozen.

It is physically impossible to get them all up and running and Geoff has to plan the groups around the running of the main forum and to be quite honest, it hacks me off that there are users who feel that it is their right to create a stink because they aren't getting exactly what they want from a service which is entirely free.

When you pay the bills for the forum, you will get to choose what happens and when on the forum. Until that point everyone has to accept that Geoff is doing his best to make the forum into what the majority want. Accepting that with a little good grace would certainly not go amiss.

Are you aware of quite how many applications for groups there are? At any one point it can be measured by the dozen.

It is physically impossible to get them all up and running and Geoff has to plan the groups around the running of the main forum and to be quite honest, it hacks me off that there are users who feel that it is their right to create a stink because they aren't getting exactly what they want from a service which is entirely free.

When you pay the bills for the forum, you will get to choose what happens and when on the forum. Until that point everyone has to accept that Geoff is doing his best to make the forum into what the majority want. Accepting that with a little good grace would certainly not go amiss.

Actually I think everybody has been very patient in asking for this group. Everybody has completely understood that things have been busy behind the scenes and everybody fully accepts that Geoff pays for the site and it is up to him. But given that this group has been requested for a long time and shown a considerable amount of interest from all sections of the forum and we hear nothing, yet crazy little forums where only a few people can participate pop up from nowhere. People are going to wonder if not be a little miffed.

CAMPING GROUP NOW!!!!

:hihi:

Yes I agree.

I am amazed this hasn`t already happened. :o:o:o

someone discussed at the camp meet this weekend that an 'outdoor pursuits' group was suggested once.

that would cover walking, camping, climbing, mountin biking etc - and a whole lot easier to find people with specific interests.

someone discussed at the camp meet this weekend that an 'outdoor pursuits' group was suggested once.

that would cover walking, camping, climbing, mountin biking etc - and a whole lot easier to find people with specific interests.

You're right Scozzie, an outdoor pursuits group was discussed before, in this thread as a matter of fact, and the general opinion from both walkers and campers was that it wasn't what we all wanted.

You're right Scozzie, an outdoor pursuits group was discussed before, in this thread as a matter of fact, and the general opinion from both walkers and campers was that it wasn't what we all wanted.

Really, I find this hard to believe when some of the campers at this weekends meet mentioned it would be best to have a "outdoor pursuits" group.

**wonders who these campers are who didn`t want this group** :suspect::suspect:

Really, I find this hard to believe when some of the campers at this weekends meet mentioned it would be best to have a "outdoor pursuits" group.

**wonders who these campers are who didn`t want this group** :suspect::suspect:

Look back in this thread Pete, you'll see who they are then.

Look back in this thread Pete, you'll see who they are then.

Ok will do, soz I had not read all this thread.