Forum Camping group!

Really, I find this hard to believe when some of the campers at this weekends meet mentioned it would be best to have a "outdoor pursuits" group.

**wonders who these campers are who didn`t want this group** :suspect::suspect:

To be honest this whole debate is piddling me off. It was mooted at one point that a joint camping and walking group could exist. This was discussed amongst both walkers and campers and the prevailing viewpoint seemed to be that keeping them separate would be better. Since then various campers (along with walkers) have pressed for a camping group to be set up. That it hasn't been is nothing to do with the walking group. You've already been told by Medusa above who you should be contacting about this.

As far as I remember there has been no great clamour for an "outdoor pursuits" group. If you want a camping group (as many of the walkers do as well) then campaign for one, don't suggest a successful and popular group (the walkers) be subsumed into a outdoor pursuits group

To be honest this whole debate is piddling me off. It was mooted at one point that a joint camping and walking group could exist. This was discussed amongst both walkers and campers and the prevailing viewpoint seemed to be that keeping them separate would be better. Since then various campers (along with walkers) have pressed for a camping group to be set up. That it hasn't been is nothing to do with the walking group. You've already been told by Medusa above who you should be contacting about this.

As far as I remember there has been no great clamour for an "outdoor pursuits" group. If you want a camping group (as many of the walkers do as well) then campaign for one, don't suggest a successful and popular group (the walkers) be subsumed into a outdoor pursuits group

After reading this thread, I see you dont like the idea of "walking" and "camping" being an "outdoor pursuits" group, so your post does not surprise me.

I shall contact Lindseyw.

What I think is Keep the Walking Group sod the campers maybe shouldn't have been put in the poll.

I added that for a laugh. I didn't mean to cause offence

Fine. No offence taken then.

Glad to hear that the powers that be are paying attention to your forum suggestion thread by the way. There are so many people interested in contributing to a Camping Section, it could easily stand on its own.