Bad experience at the Sherwood Pub at Frecheville

I have been in a few of our "better" pubs where I have been asked to leave a table where I was drinking so that diners could be seated. Not reserved tables I might add.

I find this unacceptable for bar meals. What next shifting folk supping pints so that shorts drinkers can get a seat.

On one occassion in a Dronfield pub a friend who has MS and uses crutches was shifted from a table where we had been sitting. Never been back to that one.

Pub proprietors need to find a ballance. It is far easier to lose a regular than gain one.

my wife and i will not go in the sherwood anymore...vote with your feet!! this woman is ignorant and rude even when their not busy,shes probably hacked off because shes had to take the sides off those ridiculas smoking shelters at the front.Im sorry but im on the side of ironduke,she is always like it and their is no need her face is enough to turn the beer flat.

Back to The Sherwood, my hubby and myself go there for our Saturday lunch about 1pm and so cannot say I have had any dealings with her as such. But we do have family meetings there on a Sunday every once in a while when it is someones birthday and we always get the best service and the food is great. I have heard she is very abrupt but the landlord is a laugh a minute and like one of the customers.

my wife and i will not go in the sherwood anymore...vote with your feet!! this woman is ignorant and rude even when their not busy,shes probably hacked off because shes had to take the sides off those ridiculas smoking shelters at the front.Im sorry but im on the side of ironduke,she is always like it and their is no need her face is enough to turn the beer flat.

I maybe biased but the smoking shelters are by far the best i have seen in anypub and we have had ours win an award for the best smoking soloution. Boxer boy i have seen you work for the council and have commented on the smoking )shelter,if u was the person who made the report on the smoking shelter (that was just to stop our customers getting rained on??i

think if you have that you should be more aware of the other pubs we have in our vasinity and maybe complain about the drug use or violence that u never find in the sherwood.

I was back in there last night booking a very important (well to me anyway) function - bear in mind our venue choice was soley based on a visit on the afore mentioned Sunday. Absolutely wonderful service, they were far more accomodating than any other venue we've approached.

I can't help but think that a 'ballsy' landlady is a Great British institution - Bette Lynch, Peggy Mitchell and Sue from the Sherwood ;) =

I maybe biased but the smoking shelters are by far the best i have seen in anypub and we have had ours win an award for the best smoking soloution. Boxer boy i have seen you work for the council and have commented on the smoking )shelter,if u was the person who made the report on the smoking shelter (that was just to stop our customers getting rained on??i

think if you have that you should be more aware of the other pubs we have in our vasinity and maybe complain about the drug use or violence that u never find in the sherwood.

the sherwood im afraid is not drug free i have witnessed drug taking in the loo's a few times on a sat night sorry to say that maybe you don't no it's going off im assuming your the landlord but i have seen it and seen it being passed around on sat nights too. and i say witnessed not participated in:hihi:

However, It Can Get Very Annoying When People Type Their Posts In Formats That Make It Diificult To Read, So I’d Suggest A Kind “Welcome To The Forum, But By The Way, We Prefer You Not To Type In Capital Letters" rESPONSE Would Be Better.

I actually think caps are much easier to read on both screen and paper

Going back to the OP, if you are a regular then you would know not to stand there. The customer is also not always right, certain rules have to be met, and the LL asked you to move presumably one of the reasons being for your own safety. If you had hot gravy all over you would you have claimed. Bet so.

Having said that, there is a polite way to ask someone to move. Give her the benefit of the doubt and go in when it's less busy and have a social chat. Thats one of the reasons for going out anyway.

murphy [the landlord ] is a top man , i've known him over 30 years.

as for his wife , i don't know her that well but when i have seen her ,she has been working her socks off to keep things running smoothly . murphy entertains , sue maintains a smooth ship .

as for drugs , no landlord can do anything about knobheads having a line in the bog .

but if they are caught all you can do is bar them , which this couple do .

as for sitting in the way of the serving staff , I'm with the landlady on this , shift . if you dont like it go and sit in the birley getting in the way of their waitresses.

The issue isn't that she asked somebody to move , more the way she asked . Like I said it's my mates local and he says she's an "horrible cow" . As for the place being drug free , don't make me laugh .

The issue isn't that she asked somebody to move , more the way she asked . Like I said it's my mates local and he says she's an "horrible cow" . As for the place being drug free , don't make me laugh .

Thanks mate we would have been happy to move and we did immediately but my wife found her attitude not necessary. If she knew my wife she would think again before saying what she did. Ha Ha. Shall let her loose next time.

Thanks mate we would have been happy to move and we did immediately but my wife found her attitude not necessary. If she knew my wife she would think again before saying what she did. Ha Ha. Shall let her loose next time.

To be fair, they seem to be taking a very good cop/bad cop approach. Unfortunately these days in pubs you can't trust people to police themselves as there are too many Numpties, you have to take a firm line sometimes.

We've not been in the Sherwood since we were told we 'can't bring THAT in here' (landlord commenting on the dog that we'd already asked somebody else if it was okay to bring in)

bringing a dog into a place that serves food is NOT illegal, but the child that was with a regular in the bar area IS illegal

nuff sed - we don't go there any more