Unofficial S.F. Monthly photo comp?

Looks good Hook, I'm in to get this thing rolling, what help do you need?

Hi

Got a few queries about the Gallery

(a) Will there be some sort of copyright notice on the site about copyright lying with the owner of the image etc

(b) will the images be watermarked in some way

© will there be some contact details on the site for you in case someone wants to buy images etc from the photographer

:)

Just broke the thing... have to reinstall. oops.

Hey up

I've put the word unofficial in the thread title before the Mods notice. You know what they're like about things being unofficial :)

Hi

Got a few queries about the Gallery

(a) Will there be some sort of copyright notice on the site about copyright lying with the owner of the image etc

(b) will the images be watermarked in some way

© will there be some contact details on the site for you in case someone wants to buy images etc from the photographer

:)

Grissom,

I can add in a copyright notice into the template that should ensure a copyright notice appears on every page.

There's a watermark feature that I need to figure out, but this could indeed add a watermark to each image. The watermarking is fairly easy to use. We create a watermark as an image file, and then gallery superimposes it onto the uploaded image using the GD library.

I can also use the templates to add an email address/contact info if anybody wants to buy a photo.

(:

edit: having issues with uploading at the moment. Think it's a problem with my host. I'll try get it resolved asap.

I can also use the templates to add an email address/contact info if anybody wants to buy a photo.

Will this not affect the anonymity of it though?

Just need a way of contacting the site owner, rather than any individual photographers...

Looks like everything is speeding along!

Once we've sorted out all the little 'official' niggles, we need to sort out the practicalities. Looks ike you're doing a great job Hook!

That sounds great! Looks like NeoGen, Hook & myself are up for organising this. Are you up for organising Hockbear & Grinderbloke, or just the idea?

Perhaps if those interested in organising sorted out the nitty gritty together, then posted the details when there was something concrete?

Yes I'm up for a bit of admin or whatever it takes to get this bird to fly!

Putting the cart before the horse for a minute, what about the winner gets to chose the topic/subject for the next competition?

Putting the cart before the horse for a minute, what about the winner gets to chose the topic/subject for the next competition?

So I have to win before we get to do squirrels then???

Maybe I better start looking at macro lenses in case Hemlock wins a round!! :hihi:

Right... I've moved the gallery to a different web host of mine. It appears that my usual host hasn't got some of the features gallery requires enabled. So I'm using my backup host ^_^

Anyway, it's now at: http://gallery.sunset-studio.co.uk/v/SF/

The pictures appear to upload OK. I need to sort out the permissions for the gallery, and then we need to create a watermark, a copyright notice and then I'll put my contact details up. Does anybody have any ideas how best to create the watermark and what it should say? What do people want the copyright notice to say?