Ailsa got attacked AGAIN by the same dogs in Endcliffe Park

Rant seethe - remember before Christmas Ailsa the daft dobermutt was attacked by two mid sized brown terrier-mix dogs and ended up having surgery?

The guy with the dogs made no attempt to control them and showed now interest in the welfare of our dog (who was on her short lead at the time of the attack), so we had to foot the bill.

Well, last Saturday, the other half ran into them AGAIN for the first time since October and surprise, surprise, they had another go at her, completely unprovoked- other half says the owner was at the other side of the field, watching but not in the slightest bit bothered and did not make any attempt to call his dogs back- nasty piece of work by all accounts, not thje sort of person you want to have a meaningful conversation.

Eventually, other half managed to get them off our dobe (who was again on her short leash so had nowhere to go to escape them - and how other half didn't end up getting bitten, I dont know).

We thought she'd been lucky this time but on Sunday I felt a scab on her side and yep, one of the monsters had bitten her again. She's been worrying at the wound ever since. It's not as deep as last time so shouldn't need stitches but if she won't leave it alone we'll be getting her a collar and forking out at the vets AGAIN. Last time it cost £200 that we had to fork out.

So a warning to anyone who walks in Endcliffe, watch out for the scruffy looking bloke who doesnt care that his 2 mid sized brown terrier/ ridgeback/boxer type dogs are attacking your dog- god help you if yours is any smaller than a doberman because one day they're going to kill one. they are intent on attack and are tenacious and take some getting off once they start.

You must be absolutely fuming! Molly isn't the gentlest of dogs and has hurt another dog accidentally, but we're careful to try to make sure that she behaves around other dogs and this is a world away from just letting a pack attack other dogs.

One dog attacking others is bad enough, but two egg each other on.

I know- and the worst thing- both times it was quite early so no one around to either witness it or assist and it's obvious the guy isnt bothered or maybe he enjoys watching his dogs tear into another.

oooh I'd be seething too Katkin, shame you didn't have a big stick to whack him with!! TBH, I'm not surprised your OH didn't boot the dogs off - I know it's not their fault, it's the owner's but at the end of the day, once you can accept it's a mistake, twice - and it's getting silly!

I hope Ailsa gets over it and isn't too upset by it :( It's all she needs really - and you just know that if she fought back, you'd be the one in trouble!

OMG! I wouldn't beable to let that go :rant: I'd sit in the park all day if I had to then follow him back and report him and his dogs under the dangerous dogs act. Next time it could be a little kid - don't let this go Kat, Find out who he is and get him charged! Dogs like that shouldn't be allowed off the lead and more to the point owners like that shouldn't be allowed dogs. :mad:

OMG! I wouldn't beable to let that go :rant: I'd sit in the park all day if I had to then follow him back and report him and his dogs under the dangerous dogs act. Next time it could be a little kid - don't let this go Kat, Find out who he is and get him charged! Dogs like that shouldn't be allowed off the lead and more to the point owners like that shouldn't be allowed dogs. :mad:

What he said^^^^

Katkin, I really feel for you :(

It galls me that any effort to report this incident will probably be met with a shrug from the police - as dog on dog attacks are not collatable statistics for them. These dogs are however 'dangerously out of control in a public place'. Your description of them also raises my suspicions, as they sound very like a one of the breeds mentioned in the dangerous dogs leaflet produced by the government - probably an irish staffy, so called to avoid the pit bull label, and bred for their 'gameness' (read 'aggression')

please do report these incidents (calmly, and by sticking to the above facts) and fingers crossed this situation will be rectified

Besides contacting the police, you should notify the dog warden

For the sake of one idiot, Endcliffe Park may become an enforced lead only park, but given how busy it is, I can't see any alternative but to tackle this :(

Can't really add to what others have said but please try and report these dogs, if you can follow him all the better.

Poor Ailsa I hope that she is ok :sad:

Poor Ailsa, some dogs just cop it all the time. One of my customers dogs is constantly being attacked by offleaders and never retaliates he has just undergone another lot of surgery with a ten inch scar down his side. The owner has contacted the police and nothing can be done, even though a bull breed cross from down the road has attacked poor Toby twice. He has asked for vet bills from the owner, only to be met by a torrent of abuse.

It amazes me how the dog victims dont scar mentally from this.

(((hugs))) for Ailsa.

I can honestly say that if any dog which is off the lead and attacks my dog (and the owner makes no attempt to remedy the situation) I will lift up my size 12 steel toe capped boot and break the front leg of the attacking animal - and I relish the thought of the owner even thinking of having a go at me.

What about the dog control order does this type of thing no come under it? A dog off lead and not in control.

Do your homework Katkin and look it up then if you report it you wil ast least know your rights and what the police should be doing.

so sorry she has been attacked again, hope you and her are ok x

Thanks for all the support folks - if I'd been the one with Ailsa I'd be able to speak with more authority about the dogs, the incidents and the git who's not in control of them -I need to get more info from the other half and pressure him to do something about it as i've already considered that his dogs are dangerously out of control and from how they were described they sounded suspiciously tailored to attack other dogs. The fact that both times the other half has encountered them it has been very early with no or few other dog walkers about makes me think he knows they are aggresive and either doesnt want to encounter too many other dogs or wants them to 'have a go' at something worthwhile, such as my baby. xK