Earthquake - Sheffield... and the rest of the UK 00:58 27 Feb

Bruno

We'd turned the light out about 5 mins before it started..

At first, it started as a low rumbling sound that got louder and louder, and then came the shaking...

As soon as I heard the low rumble, I knew straight away what it was as I'd heard it before when we had the last one a few years ago...

Funny thing is, the last time we had one, my OH was fast asleep and didn't feel a thing.. I woke him up to tell him, and he thought I'd imagined it and told me to go to sleep and to stop being daft !! :shocked:

This time, he was wide awake and felt it for himself and he was bricking it... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

oh what a night then...feeling rather tired this morning,

Thank god for sheffield forum, this was my first port of call when i woke up at 12.58, couldnt believe the speed of how things were going, nearly 1500 online at 1.10, we were getting news on here faster than sky, brilliant,

thanks to the mods for quickly merging all the hundreds of threads starting, and everyone for sharing their experiences, made me feel better and reassured.

Community spirit is great in times of crisis even if it is on a computer:D

Yes I felt the earth move too (well, the metal framed bed rattling and the headboard banging against the back wall for a few seconds). Had only just gone back to bed just before 1 when it hit - thought it was the dog having a fit at the bottom of the bed but she was fast on - then wondered if the cats had knocked something major over in the attic...Never occured to me it was an earthquake.