Where is woodhouse, whats it like?

We do seem to have more old folks homes per square inch than anywhere else in Sheffield, but the residents don't hang round making a nusiance of themselves, so I don't see that as a problem.

Now the St Anne's project...... although the police say that coz they know everybody in there, they'd be downright stupid to try anything in Woodhouse.

That just leaves the crowds of teenagers that every area seems to have.

Originally posted by Rich

The area is one big estate really, not brilliant but you could do worse.

No offense intended to Woodhouse natives.

there is a council side to WH which is huge - badger est which used to have nasty rep, not sure any more though.

arent the baxondales from woodhouse - notorious naughty boys

i was born on rodger rd, which was quite nice 20 or so yrs ago. It does have the odd new est, but wouldnt be my first choice. saying that - rent looks good mate, so go for it.

saying that, taxis may be expensive to and from town

pubs round there are bit rough in village

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have an idea what Woodhouse Village iis like at night. With 2--3 pubs and fast food outlets what's the nuisance value, noise, and are there lots yobbos hanging around. exampe ---would someone run away with my flower pots?

hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Does anyone have an idea what Woodhouse Village iis like at night. With 2--3 pubs and fast food outlets what's the nuisance value, noise, and are there lots yobbos hanging around. exampe ---would someone run away with my flower pots?

hazel

Why Hazel ? you moving to Sheffield just so you can go to the SF Christmas pary ?

Well I would have been nearer the Christmas party, but I think the party is now a knees up in the pub owing to declining numbers.

I think it's cos someone blabbed about outsiders being invited.

If they had kept quiet no one would have noticed.

:)

hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Well I would have been nearer the Christmas party, but I think the party is now a knees up in the pub owing to declining numbers.

I think it's cos someone blabbed about outsiders being invited.

If they had kept quiet no one would have noticed.

:)

hazel

Well see, I saved you from getting a hangover, i'd keep quite if i were you, your crown might be the next thing to go ! :rant:

Originally posted by WallBuilder

Driving involves a lot of main roads from Meadowhall but if you can get to the Asda at Handsworth it's then fairly straight forward.

Dont need to go through Handsworth top, go through Orgreave and down toward Morrisons at Catcliffe, under Parkway and onto Airport road to Shepcote Lane then to Meadowhall.

Will be much quicker when the new bridge at Orgreave finally opens.