Idiotic parking on Abbeydale Road

They were banging on the windows of shops warning people to move their cars... If no response I guess they ticketed. I don't know for sure though as the traffic was *shock horror* moving!!!

Should just ticket them without giving them a warning, that way people may have second thoughts about parking illegally...instead people park up, get a warning (if their unlucky), move on and then repeat day in day out.

Should just ticket them without giving them a warning, that way people may have second thoughts about parking illegally...instead people park up, get a warning (if their unlucky), move on and then repeat day in day out.

You do often see the same cars parked in the same bus stops...

This is a thread about third world driving standards being imported into the UK. Of course it's goiing to happen unless our own driving standards are imposed. Anyone who has ever driven in a third world country will know that there's a certain excitement and freedom in abandoning all the rules. The question is whether we want that here and whether we can enforce it here amongst our third world immigrants.

You do often see the same cars parked in the same bus stops...

:mad: As the saying go's " Wherever there is a bus stop there will be parked cars "

They were there again this morning (parking wardens).

Giving a ticket to a young lad parked in the bus lane - despite his protestations :hihi:

They were there again this morning (parking wardens).

Giving a ticket to a young lad parked in the bus lane - despite his protestations :hihi:

good. just need to get the massive vans off the pavements now.

This is a thread about third world driving standards being imported into the UK. Of course it's goiing to happen unless our own driving standards are imposed. Anyone who has ever driven in a third world country will know that there's a certain excitement and freedom in abandoning all the rules. The question is whether we want that here and whether we can enforce it here amongst our third world immigrants.

Really don't understand this comment. Our own driving standards are imposed?!!!! What do you mean about third world immigrants? How do you know who is driving the vehicle if it is parked with no one inside? I own a lovely flower shop on this strip of road the traffic wardens are CONSTANTLY going up and down this road giving out tickets. There has never been a day I haven't seen "our own driving standards" being enforced and tickets handed out. Also the traffic wardens are very nice with it they do try to find the owner of the vehicle before handing out the fine. I love working and trading on abbeydale road i love the community and i personally don't think you can blame any one sector of this amazing community of flouting the traffic laws everyone has done it and thats just a sad fact of life.

Also please don't let the bus lane put you off shopping on abbeydale road there are lots and lots of parking spaces available on the side streets. Smalll businesses are the back bone of society and we need your support please don't continue on to the large supermarkets get your veggies and flowers and bread and olive oil and chillis and saucepans and booze etc. from abbeydales road little shops YEAH!:D

Also please don't let the bus lane put you off shopping on abbeydale road there are lots and lots of parking spaces available on the side streets.
Then again you park your crummy van in the side streets badly. You have no idea how the locals on Gatefield are antagonised by it.

I live near the St lukes charity shop on Abbeydale Road and often find myself having to walk in the main road with a pram and toddler in tow as people are dropping stuff off at the charity shop and seem to think that it is okay to park across the pavement.

Last week when this happened and I complained to the driver and was told that i should be more understanding as it is for the charity shop!!! IMO it's still an offence to park across the pavement charity or no charity.

I tried to cross the road at the lights at the London Rd/ Cemetry Rd junction and had to look around parked cars on the double yellows right up to the lights. I'm surprised the police haven't booked these people since they are there every night at around 6-7PM.

I could provide an answer to this but im not going to because the pc brigade will jump on me from behind and try to shack the bum off me lmao

I could provide an answer to this but im not going to because the pc brigade will jump on me from behind and try to shack the bum off me lmao

ahh go on spill the beans:D

It's not just 3rd world countries that throw the rules out the window. Others do too and come here with international driving licences letting them legally drive.

I usualy defend ethnic minorities on here when factualy incorrect things are being said about them but in this case it is fact.

Having said that one wrongly parked car makes another driver think it's ok to park up behind it and I dont think the locals are totaly innocent.