Idiotic parking on Abbeydale Road

This is beyond a joke. People parking on double yellow lines, bus lanes whilst in operation, three cars parked in a single bus STOP during bus lane operation this evening, cars parked across junctions, blocking road exits, trucks parked not just on but across the full width of pavements...

a) If parking attendants are going to tackle anything it ought to be this sort of thing. About once every three months or so you see them giving out tickets and then it clears up for a week or so. But then again, what with it being a council issue and not being anywhere near Fargate or the Peace/Winter Gardens it probably isn't too high up anyone's agenda.

b) It's just the attitude of "well the rules don't apply for me". Actually they do and believe it or not - this is going to be big news for some people - leaving your lights on or putting your hazards on doesn't make illegal, inconsiderate or dangerous behaviour suddenly legal, considerate or safe.

I used to ride my bike home from work along Abbeydale Road and this was one of my biggest gripes. It's an ongoing problem and has been that way for the couple of years I used it.

It's worse in certain spots (e.g. across the road from the Broadfield) than in other spots however I couldn't possibly provide any further comments regarding the main offenders of such.

however I couldn't possibly provide any further comments regarding the main offenders of such.

Mmmm... indeed.

Mmmm... indeed.

Would you mind awfully if I asked you to expand on that??

Deepak

This is beyond a joke. People parking on double yellow lines, bus lanes whilst in operation, three cars parked in a single bus STOP during bus lane operation this evening, cars parked across junctions, blocking road exits, trucks parked not just on but across the full width of pavements...

a) If parking attendants are going to tackle anything it ought to be this sort of thing. About once every three months or so you see them giving out tickets and then it clears up for a week or so. But then again, what with it being a council issue and not being anywhere near Fargate or the Peace/Winter Gardens it probably isn't too high up anyone's agenda.

b) It's just the attitude of "well the rules don't apply for me". Actually they do and believe it or not - this is going to be big news for some people - leaving your lights on or putting your hazards on doesn't make illegal, inconsiderate or dangerous behaviour suddenly legal, considerate or safe.

I have never had any problems live just off there.

I used to ride my bike home from work along Abbeydale Road and this was one of my biggest gripes. It's an ongoing problem and has been that way for the couple of years I used it.

It's worse in certain spots (e.g. across the road from the Broadfield) than in other spots however I couldn't possibly provide any further comments regarding the main offenders of such.

No it has not! My Husband has a business there!!!

Would you mind awfully if I asked you to expand on that??

Deepak

I could be wrong, but I suspect (as you obviously do) that they think the culprits are of pakistani decent.

I dont think the laws of the land (England) apply on Abbeydale Rd .... its a world unto itself ..

I dont think the laws of the land (England) apply on Abbeydale Rd .... its a world unto itself ..

It is pretty bad, but to be fair I have seen quite a few parking vans driving about in the last few months. They don't seem to do anything about cars parked completely on the pavement though.

Well said , Cars/ Taxis parking next to the bus stop opposit the Broadfield PH during peak hours has been a problem for years :rant:

I regularly run home along this route and there are always big vans blocking the entire pavement.

It can be pretty bad at night - cars double parked where they shouldn't be and little idiots with their big exhausts screaming up and down the road. It really does make them look big and clever, and ever so tough... Ban the lot of them.

Some muppet came down my road the other day (it has speed bumps) at 40-50mph. I about fell over laughing when his front skirt caught the bump and it came off. Prat.