Idiotic parking on Abbeydale Road

Not so much a go at anyone but new markings, with double yelows from the junction with Sheldon Road to the Bus stop, and BIG thick line around the bus stop has helped. The biggest offender is the grocery shop keeper himself and add that to meat delivery wagons and the regular "only be a minute" brigade parking on the bus stop becomes a problem. Someone needs to have a word with the shopkeeper to warn his customers of the offence and dishing a few tickets out should change things.

Yes, you have to laugh at the woolly thinking of the "only be a minute" brigade. The cash machine, shop, post office, takeaway etc has an "only be a minute" car parked outside all the time. As soon as one goes, another arrives.

:rolleyes:

Maybe the reason there are lots of modded cars around there is that there a couple of modding places on Abbeydale Rd?

Well, after a few weeks of sanity it's back to normal. Four cars managed to fit in the bus stop yesterday, and that was whilst the bus lane was in operation. The day before there was a taxi driver leaving his car parked in the middle (ie, not at either pavement, right in the middle) of one of the sideroads!

One of neighbours is a taxi driver. He's very thoughtful. The other night he was doing some work on his taxi which involved revving the engine really high for no apparent reason. It was only 11:30pm so couldn't really complain...

The following day he was trying to start his taxi with some jump-leads running to the battery of a 1 litre Nissan Micra. Was tempted to tell him you can't start a large diesel engine with the battery off a small petrol car - but I was very tired so forgot...

what about the set of lights outside the Broadfield, does it not irritate anyone when people who are in the left lane decide they wanna go straight over instead of left and just completely cut you up?! no indicator or anything! im getting really fed up of other drivers thinking im a bleeding psychic!

I find those takeaways near the London Road/Cemerary Road junction seems to be a magnet for them.

You took the words right out of my mouth! They're there every single day, never ever seen anyone move them on.

Once one tried to pull out while I was passing and got annoyed that I decided to just run them into the pavement... exceptionally poor driver (it was a taxi BTW, RCA).

The other bugbear on Abbeydale road is the number of drivers who seem to think it's fine to screech to a halt in the middle of the road to "have a chat" with their mate for the next 5 minutes... what's that all about. They do this despite a massive parking space at the side of the road that they could simply pull into! The lack of ability and consideration for other drivers in the area is staggering.

I tried to cross the road at the lights at the London Rd/ Cemetry Rd junction and had to look around parked cars on the double yellows right up to the lights. I'm surprised the police haven't booked these people since they are there every night at around 6-7PM.

Do I detect a shift in opinion on the forum recently? There always used to be a balance between those complaining about the overzealous wardens/cash grabbing council and those complaining about lack of enforcement, delays caused to all, and pointing out the law is clear.

In the last couple of months there seems to be an overwhelming majority in the latter camp. Has the tide turned, has Jeremy Clarkson cancelled his forum membership, is the praise for the inner ring road part of this?

Council take note - Sheffield citizens do want bus lanes and parking enforced - and as pointed out above, this means more than targetting Surrey Street and Childrens Hospital then driving around everywhere else without stopping.

Do I detect a shift in opinion on the forum recently? There always used to be a balance between those complaining about the overzealous wardens/cash grabbing council and those complaining about lack of enforcement, delays caused to all, and pointing out the law is clear.

In the last couple of months there seems to be an overwhelming majority in the latter camp. Has the tide turned, has Jeremy Clarkson cancelled his forum membership, is the praise for the inner ring road part of this?

Council take note - Sheffield citizens do want bus lanes and parking enforced - and as pointed out above, this means more than targetting Surrey Street and Childrens Hospital then driving around everywhere else without stopping.

People only tend to complain about overzealous wardens/the cash grabbing council when they get a ticket.

It's clear that there is a need for enforcement otherwise more people will park anywhere they want and that will only lead to more traffic problems.

Parking wardens were there today just before 4.30 near the junction with Wolseley Road - near the baby shop.

:suspect: Are we being watched?! :suspect:

Parking wardens were there today just before 4.30 near the junction with Wolseley Road - near the baby shop.

:suspect: Are we being watched?! :suspect:

Did they issue any tickets or just admire the cars parked illegally?

Did they issue any tickets or just admire the cars parked illegally?

They were banging on the windows of shops warning people to move their cars... If no response I guess they ticketed. I don't know for sure though as the traffic was *shock horror* moving!!!