Platonic relationships - can they be sustained?

I ,at the moment am quite happy to have platonic relationships with several men, this is because I feel safe in as much as we don't seem to fancy each other, no hidden agenda, and I feel as if they know they can trust me not to cross any boundaries - if I did begin to have feelings for them I would probably tell them giving them the opportunity to back off, and I hope they would do the same.

I am an honest person and if they asked me a pertinent question they would get an honest answer.

I have female friends who Ive known since the 80s, female friends who Ive known for a few years and some who Ive only known for a few months. Theres a chemistry there with all of them I suppose, but as long as we all know the parameters then there isnt a problem.

Well i would happily have a platonic relationship with men, i havent had the chance to, let alone sustain one. I dont think there is anything wrong with it, and there's no reason for it not to last and stay that way as long as you are both are honest and clear about it.

I think so. I have a fantastic male friend at work. We do nothing but poke fun at each other and giggle, it's great! I think it works because neither of us fancy each other in the slightest. It might be more difficult if one person really fancied the other and made their feelings clear...?

I tend to get on better with men anyway, I'm not sure why, I just find them easier to get along with, and laugh with (and at) and I love to laugh! There was one guy who I was great friends with for over a year, but we started to fancy each other loads. We ended up together for a very very short time, less than a month, and now we don't speak, which is very sad, because we really were fantastic mates.

In most cases, I think platonic relationships can work. I certainly wouldn't be jealous if my OH had a close female friend. Given the number of male friends I have, I would be a hypocritical cow if I was bothered:D