Platonic relationships - can they be sustained?

I ,at the moment am quite happy to have platonic relationships with several men, this is because I feel safe in as much as we don't seem to fancy each other, no hidden agenda, and I feel as if they know they can trust me not to cross any boundaries - if I did begin to have feelings for them I would probably tell them giving them the opportunity to back off, and I hope they would do the same.

I am an honest person and if they asked me a pertinent question they would get an honest answer.

I think so. I have a fantastic male friend at work. We do nothing but poke fun at each other and giggle, it's great! I think it works because neither of us fancy each other in the slightest. It might be more difficult if one person really fancied the other and made their feelings clear...?

I tend to get on better with men anyway, I'm not sure why, I just find them easier to get along with, and laugh with (and at) and I love to laugh! There was one guy who I was great friends with for over a year, but we started to fancy each other loads. We ended up together for a very very short time, less than a month, and now we don't speak, which is very sad, because we really were fantastic mates.

In most cases, I think platonic relationships can work. I certainly wouldn't be jealous if my OH had a close female friend. Given the number of male friends I have, I would be a hypocritical cow if I was bothered:D