51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses or contacts?

• Yes - I wear glasses
    • Yes - I wear contacts
    • I alternate between glasses and contacts
    • My eyes are perfect, I don't need any
    • I need glasses/contacts but refuse to wear them
    • I have had my eyes corrected by Laser surgery

Only wear glasses for close work i.e. reading and computer work. Although, it's only recently that I've needed them.

Last eye test I had earlier in the year came out that my eye sight was perfect... but I think I'm a bit buggered to be honest...

All four of my grand parents wear/wore glasses, my parents wear glasses, my little brother wears glasses, my mums sister wears glasses, a lot of my dads brothers and sisters wear glasses...

why the hell am I the only one that doesnt?... it just makes no sense, I should be blind as a bat... especially with the amount of hours I spend on a PC =\

Interesting that nobody has had laser treatment as of yet. I wonder would anybody consider it if it was freely available on the NHS?

Originally posted by xafier

Last eye test I had earlier in the year came out that my eye sight was perfect... but I think I'm a bit buggered to be honest...

All four of my grand parents wear/wore glasses, my parents wear glasses, my little brother wears glasses, my mums sister wears glasses, a lot of my dads brothers and sisters wear glasses...

why the hell am I the only one that doesnt?... it just makes no sense, I should be blind as a bat... especially with the amount of hours I spend on a PC =\

I went for an eye test couple of years ago then I was asked if I thought I needed glass surely thats why I went in the first place. But no don't need them.:)

One pair of glasses for driving and walking about. Another pair to wear indoors. Need to take glasses off and hold books at extactly 40cm from face to read close up. Apparently a normal effect of getting older - if you're unlucky. Getting worse quickly.

Don't know if laser treatment could help this. But noticed a tv article which was critical of the treatment.

I thought it WAS available on the NHS, lickszz? Isn't that what the current round of scaremongering is about? It said something (nothing) about it on the news yesterday or the day before. No real substance to the news item. Didn't tell us WHAT problems, just 'problems'.

Glasses all the time for me, tried contacts but just didn't get on with them.

I've got used to wearing specs now and prefer wearing them to NOT wearing them. Strange eh :)

I wear glasses,my eyesight is pretty bad without them.Had a look at laser treatment but:

1) Its still pretty expensive.

2) I've been told your not supposed to have it done before your 30. :confused:

3) Even tho i think its perfectly safe myself,i'd still like to long term evidence that it is.

Originally posted by Strix

I thought it WAS available on the NHS, lickszz? Isn't that what the current round of scaremongering is about? It said something (nothing) about it on the news yesterday or the day before. No real substance to the news item. Didn't tell us WHAT problems, just 'problems'.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, and it's the laser treatment that really prompted me for this thread. I understand that it's not supposed tobe routine on the NHS.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4097689.stm

Originally posted by mr craig

I wear glasses,my eyesight is pretty bad without them.Had a look at laser treatment but:

1) Its still pretty expensive.

2) I've been told your not supposed to have it done before your 30. :confused:

3) Even tho i think its perfectly safe myself,i'd still like to long term evidence that it is.

The treatment is still high but it's come down considerable since it was first introduced. I was initially short sighted but this has gradually got worse and it's something I have been thinking about for a long time. I price of this isn't a issue for myself but I'm more concerned with the risk factor. My eyes are generally healthy and I'm not sure operating on them in this way is wise.

Mines fine. I used to wear glasses at school, i still have 2 pairs (with plain lenses in) that i wear on occasions because i like them. Though i think i will be screwed in the future, mam and dad both wear glasses and can't read without them. Grandma was registered blind.

I don know at least one person that has had the surgery and they have no complaints.

i wear glasses and everyone says they suit me it doesnt bother me at all wearing them im just so used to it now i feel odd when i dont have them on i wear them all the time even tho the optician says i dont need to wear them all the time im daft lol