Sheffield Posties

Mine's lovely too. I work strange hours and am often half asleep and in my dressing gown at 10 or 11 am, and he always apologises for disturbing me if I have a parcel.

I feel for them about problems with management and working conditions.

I agree. But, their working conditions are appalling.

Management is trying to cut costs and they often have to sort and then do their round.

Our postman starts at 5.45 and doesn't get to us until about 1.30pm.

Jobs are being axed, leaving existing postmen working long shifts and getting exhausted and stressed out.

I know you wanted a positive slant to this thread and I can't praise our postmen's cheerful demeanour enough, either. However, they do need our support to maintain good working conditions for the furure.

Floe, they always have to sort mail, then do their walk (delivery). It's part of the duty. They just don't walk into the delivery office, pick up a bag of mail and then start delivering. I retired from Royal mail last Christmas, after 43 years.

I agree. But, their working conditions are appalling.

Management is trying to cut costs and they often have to sort and then do their round.

Our postman starts at 5.45 and doesn't get to us until about 1.30pm.

Jobs are being axed, leaving existing postmen working long shifts and getting exhausted and stressed out.

I know you wanted a positive slant to this thread and I can't praise our postmen's cheerful demeanour enough, either. However, they do need our support to maintain good working conditions for the furure.

I agree I live near Duke Street and the postie there is very good. The only downside is we don't know at what we will recieve our post but we do recieve it every day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived