Your views on the Teacher who named a Teddy

I've heard the teddy bear has already been asked to appear on next year's I'm A Celebrity.

At last, at last! Someone I recognise is going to appear on this programme!

The law may well be 'barmy' but thats irrelevent. She chose to teach in a Muslim country, and must abide by the laws of the land. Just as in this country, you cant decide which laws to adhere to and which to ignore because you dont agree with them.

We are constantly moralising to people around the world on the merits of our western democracy, yet when something like this happens we throw our hands in the air and redicule the laws and customs of other lands, because we find them silly.

This case has nothing whatsoever to do with Sharia being introduced here or elsewhere. Its about someone breaking a law in a foreign land and having to deal with the consequences.

High horse suitably dismounted:D

It isn't entirely clear that she broke the law in the first place...

Anyway, silly moral relativism aside, it is pertinent to the issue to state that the Islamic law being put into practice here is more of a mental illness than a system of government.

They're brainwashed idiots, IMHO. And, therefore, we shouldn't be surprised when they do the most nonsensical things. We have to expect such moronic acts from them. Leave them to their Pea-brained ways.

To be fair small minded idiots are not the preserve of Sudan, other protestors have called for the country to be invaded or nuked

Swish !!!!

That's the sound of something flying over your head.

Those protesters are deadly serious, the posters advocating nuclear response or SAS intervention had tongues firmly in cheek, don't you think ?

I've never been racist to muslims, but now I have read the above news item, I can now understand as to why some people are.

muslim isn't a race - so you can't be racist about them.

It's been almost a week since christians have annoyed me - the JW's came round last Sat morning and tried thrusting stuff in my hand without asking, so I've made a new avatar in support of Gillian Gibbons to replace my usual annoying picture of Jesus holding a cup of tea.

Peace Be On Her.

so we should now inflict our style of democracy on them by enforcing our laws on their culture.

now remind me , excatly what are we trying to do in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Just that, and by the time we've finished they will hopefully be better places for it without dictators that slay innocent victims, or endorse terrorism! If these animals stop raping and pillaging innocent civilians, and spending the money we give them sensibly to create peacefull societies instead of sqandering it on themselves and going round killing everyone and having wars with god knows what tribe next then we can leave them alone!

oh noez, apparently the prison she will be serving her sentence in has been condemned as poor by rights campaigners

obviously it lacks things like playstations and hard drugs then :(