Driving instructor - Megathread

I think what needs to be mentioned is that yes you have had a positive experience with an intensive course which has been great for you. This type of learning does not suit everyone, as we all learn in different ways.

In a nutshell, you got what you paid for.

Well done!

Not me new star but my son but yes I agree completely.

I have to admit I was a bit jubious about him learning in a week, my own personal opinion is that alltho you might get a good grasp of how to drive a vehicle, it takes much longer to understand what happens on the road and how other drivers drive.

Anyhow he's managed it in a week and yes I am chuffed about that fact, I've told him however that it's only the beginning and that he needs to take his time on the road now, drive sensibly within speed limits and not to trust other drivers, any other tips would be appreciated as it's a long time since I learnt to drive it's second nature to me :hihi:

Does anyone know of a driving instructor with experience of teaching deaf/ hearing-impaired people? i passed my test at 17 but have not really driven much since then (I'm 25 now) and would like to have a few refresher lessons.

Thanks

Well my son has recently started with Martin Woodward school of motoring his instructer is Warren and he comes out to the hope valley, my son can't speak too highly of him! would definately recommend them :)

Not me new star but my son but yes I agree completely.

I have to admit I was a bit jubious about him learning in a week, my own personal opinion is that alltho you might get a good grasp of how to drive a vehicle, it takes much longer to understand what happens on the road and how other drivers drive ... any other tips would be appreciated as it's a long time since I learnt to drive it's second nature to me :hihi:

Indeed, encourage:

- regular vehicle checks for safety and legality

- smooth and appropriate use of the controls

- good attitude (how will he drive if late, lost ...?)

- high level of concentration on the driving task (I don't suppose he's had a go at a driving commentary)

- the use of commentary to force out observation, to make observational links, to ask what he can see, what he can't see and what he might reasonably expect to happen

- thereby develop good anticipation skills

- keep space, keep visible, be predictable, keep moving (wherever safe and practicable)

- time to see, move, act, use posted limits as a framework rather than as a target, recognize and deal with vehicle, eye, situational blind spots

- systematic driving, a driving plan to check what others are doing around him and to communicate effectively with them by speed, position, indicators and brake lights

- monitor fuel consumption and target having a light right foot for safety and fuel-efficiency.

Edited by DT Ralge

Does anyone know of a driving instructor with experience of teaching deaf/ hearing-impaired people? i passed my test at 17 but have not really driven much since then (I'm 25 now) and would like to have a few refresher lessons.

Thanks

Im deaf/hearing impaired, and i go with Jon Woodward on 07940 179511 he is excellent, we make up our own little signals as we go along, pretty basic things, and he doesnt treat you like (erm dont know how to explain it) like a special case like some tend to do, ive had a few tellings off and i love him the more for it, if you text him tell you that you cant hear on phone he is excellent doing it all by text message, wouldnt have no other xxx

Ps tell mention me and he might let me off on a few naughty mistakes next lesson (worth a try but he wont lol) xxx

walkley driving school 1st 6 lesson £12 each after £18 each

hi,

Does anyone know a good instructor that is in heeley?

thank you

Some posts have been removed. Please don't use this thread to promote your company, it is recommendations from users.

Hi learners,

I passed my test a couple of weeks ago, first time of trying with only 4 minors... If you want to learn to drive to a really high standard and not just scrape through your test, call Gavin at Horizon... 07894441630... Think he's also still doing discount for SF users!

Good luck, Lynsey

Try Gavin at Horizon... I passed with him first time with only 4 minors. Teaches to a really high standard.

Call 07894 441630

I learned to drive with Martin Woodwards School of motoring they were very good.