What do you hate About Sheffield

My partner came here from Bradford, and after 18 months she still can't believe how appallingly bad the roads are in comparison to any other city or town in which she's ever driven. (Including those in Spain.)

Since I don't do the driving, it's never been something particularly high on my list of bloody annoying things, though.

The roads are an utter disgrace, but I don't really have anything else negative to say about Sheffield. Just GET THOSE POTHOLES FIXED!!

StarSparkle

Sheffield City councils refusal to listen or consult it's people

road narrowing(and I'm NOT a driver) coupled with insane traffic routing to make any journey 3 times longer than it used to be 25 years ago.

The Sheffield Blitz of any old/decent buildings

lack of independent shops

random placing of terrible new construction in town centre

replacement of Peace Gardens with sommat half the size

Destruction of Sheffield Markets

and the kind of boring mind-numbing crap you get everywhere in England now; chavs, graffiti/ tagging, Town Centre late night loonies, etc.etc.

still love the place though and it is and always will be, home.

hate is a strong word things that irk:

1. sheffield buses: expensive, irregular.
  2. sheffield black cabs: have these guys got together and decided they're going to fleece the public!? it doesn't cost £3 as soon as you get in one in a lot of cities around the north.
  3. racism: sheffield has a chronic problem with racism, i hear it in the pubs in the work places. i just don't get it!?
  4. sheffield united; arrogant, beligerent, violent fans. although i know plenty of wednesdayites who'll be affronted by not being in that category; violent. i'm sure they are.
  5. seeing yorkshire as the bigger picture! sheffield does live in a bubble, yorkshire as a county. the anger that being from leeds evokes in you sheffielders is amazing. the bigger picture is yorkshire, a united front.
  6. not students per say. BUT the devestation that areas becoming studentified does. rubbish out all the time. neighbourhoods empty and deserted when it's not term time. crime.

despite all that i have lived here for 14 years and don't have any plans to leave. sheffield is friendly, green, laid-back and as unlike leeds as a city could be. someone should be knocking on the door of council HQ and tell them to do sheffield stuff and not be so pre-occupied trying to emulate leeds.

Thugs that carry knives,

burglars,

Joy riders,

I feel sorry for the descent people like the ones on this forum that have to put up with these people, glad I moved away cos it sounds like its getting worse so my family n friends say who are still in Sheffield, I know its not just Sheffield it goes on in all large cities, I think people can live wi the pot holes but not these crims.