Tips for a happier bus journey - Bus Passengers Read

I actually always make a conscious effort to have the right change, but this isn't always possible. I do appreciate that we may occasionally push the drivers levels of intellect to previously undiscovered heights by asking him to deduct £1.80 from £2 but on the odd occasion it may actually be necessary.

There have been a number of comments about travelling by bus not being to pleasant. Here are some tips.

1) Buses pulling away too fast, before passengers are sat down

answer - Find a seat faster

2) Buses braking too sharply.

answer - hold onto the handrails with a good grip, thats what they are there for.

3) Buses not picking passengers up at bus stops.

answer - wait for the next bus.

answer2 - also, always have a smile on your face when at the bus stop, if someone looks annoyed, the driver may decide to simply drive past.

4) Driver leaving the heater on in summer.

answer - wear lighter weight clothes.

5) Area poorly served by public transport.

answer - move to an area thats well served.

Hopefully these tips should make you bus experience more pleasant.

Just a thought are you the infamous Lester Biggot ?

All the tips given by the OP will shortly be obsolete.

The management of the First have decided that the best way to run the buses to timetable - and to cut out all the customer complaints - is simply NOT to pick up passengers any more!

They will be introducing this new regime in the New Year, so we'd all better practice walking before then :hihi:

DONT LAUGH

Before D reg there was a service in the west country where the drivers wee told not to pick up passnagers so as to keep to the timetable THIS IS TRUE if you go through press cuttings from around 21 years ago you will find it as it was in all the papers

Thanks for your support.

Think they are reasonable tips, for for the person who said, the driver is responsible for safety.

OK then, how long is reasonable for someone to get sat down? Sometimes if I pull away sharply, the passenger falls into a seat anyway (problem solved, passenger in seat :thumbsup:)

Bus sets off

Thanks for your support.

Think they are reasonable tips, for for the person who said, the driver is responsible for safety.

OK then, how long is reasonable for someone to get sat down? Sometimes if I pull away sharply, the passenger falls into a seat anyway (problem solved, passenger in seat :thumbsup:)

Bus sets off

Typical. You wait for a reply and then two arrive at once!

Tip to happy as a traveller.

Use the car and dont get ripped off paying the rip off fares by worst group.

Me and the mrs both have a car its cheaper and a lot quicker

To right ! As a bus/tram user myself I am constantly irritated by a certain kind of person who walks up and down the vehicle as if looking for some kind of perfect seat yet seem surprised when it starts moving. For g*ds sake it isn't difficult you get on the vehicle look for the nearest suitable seat and park your backside in it.

There are even people who get on the tram at Castle Square when the tram crews are swapping over. Yet even during a 5 minute long change over these people are unable to find a seat and sit in it. But they appear to have a sixth sense when the tram is going to start moving and choose that very moment to balance on one foot while re-arranging their shopping and end up falling on the poor person sat opposite them.

There have been a number of comments about travelling by bus not being to pleasant. Here are some tips.

2) Buses braking too sharply.

answer - hold onto the handrails with a good grip, thats what they are there for.

3) Buses not picking passengers up at bus stops.

answer - wait for the next bus.

answer2 - also, always have a smile on your face when at the bus stop, if someone looks annoyed, the driver may decide to simply drive past.

4) Driver leaving the heater on in summer.

answer - wear lighter weight clothes.

5) Area poorly served by public transport.

answer - move to an area thats well served.

Hopefully these tips should make you bus experience more pleasant.

Well said!

and.......

if you really don't like public transport - don't use it! (walk / car share / taxi / fly..)

Stop slating drivers for following company policy

Bus company pays drivers wages - not passengers

If you think you can do better - have a go for 6 months!

(Giraffe waits for inevitable backlash/sarky comments/blah blah blah.....)

Some people have mentioned about the heating, ie, on in summer and off in winter.

Staff training will be required for that, so I assume you all will be happy without your buses for a week while the drivers get trained on "operating the heaters"

Some people have mentioned about the heating, ie, on in summer and off in winter.

Staff training will be required for that, so I assume you all will be happy without your buses for a week while the drivers get trained on "operating the heaters"

that's a bit weird, Mr BD... how is it you'd need a week to learn how to operate the control on the bus radiators when it took me, and others all of, what...? A second or two, perhaps, to learn to operate the identical thermostatic contol on our domestic radiators?

that's a bit weird, Mr BD... how is it you'd need a week to learn how to operate the control on the bus radiators when it took me, and others all of, what...? A second or two, perhaps, to learn to operate the identical thermostatic contol on our domestic radiators?

Risk assessments, for example What if someone gets a back injury when turning on the heating, so, Correct way to approach the dials etc...

analysis, ie, What are the implications of turning on the heating?

Paperwork etc, plus all the additional work needed, turning the heater on.

Aw come on now Atticus.....cut him some slack.....this is only his 5th post....and I am sure in time the OP will understand what is required in the way of trolling. Meanwhile :wave: to OP, welcome. :D

Cant agree more,it would have been better if the OP included things that have not been tried before on the forum when attempting to create such a thread,of which there are many of this kind on here. 0/10 for this one