Little white rabbit living on the Ponderosa.

For the past few weeks there has been a little white rabbit loose on the Ponderosa Park, clearly an escaped pet. As I fear for the life of this small white rabbit owing to the prevalence of irresponsible dog owners and foxes I have had a couple of attempts at catching the poor thing but without success; it is fairly tame but it won't let me get too close to it.

How do I go about catching it, I was told that someone has tried contacting the RSPCA but they have refused to help.

Any ideas?

Edited by NorthernStar

Leave it be its probably happy ,it may live for for a few months before the winter gets it but thats a better life than three years locked in a hutch . If you insist on catching it try ginger biscuits and a large landing net that worked with our rabbit and that was basically wild.

what irresponsibile owners grrrrr

Why? That's going to be a happy rabbit- far more so than a lot of the rabbits stuck in cages their whole lives. Also, possibly more happy than many wild rabbits, as it's got the best of both worlds- free to roam to it's hearts content, then back home for some food and a warm place to sleep :)

Leave it be its probably happy ,it may live for for a few months before the winter gets it but thats a better life than three years locked in a hutch

Agreed. Live free or die trying!

It might survive winter though. Instinct could take over and it might dig a burrow and search for edible winter plants.