Sheffield Supertram - The Voices

yeah.. great idea.. till they change them, and everyone craps themselves. lol.

i think they should all be switched for april fools :P

or i get on herdings by accident forgetting it exists as its rare compared to halfway, then takee notice of the voice thinking its been changed, and end up gettng the tram back to gleadless.. :roll:

Well, April 1st is approaching. I do wonder if they'll re-arrange the voices!

Sometimes they don't even put the voices after 9:30 to give the old uns somert New to moan about

Its not my group puddinburner but I cant see why not

They've gone!!! This is terrible. All the voices have changed. Does anyone know how I can get hold of the original studio sessions?

They've gone!!! This is terrible. All the voices have changed. Does anyone know how I can get hold of the original studio sessions?

I understand why they needed to change them, but why they had to go for synthesised voices I have no idea. It’s taken away one of the unique things about our trams.

I understand why they needed to change them, but why they had to go for synthesised voices I have no idea. It’s taken away one of the unique things about our trams.

Why did the need to change them? This has ruined my Chinese new year. Sheffield's unique culture is being dismantled brick by brick. I had to alight in disgust earlier and walk from Manor Top to Halfway.

AFAIK they have only changed on the TramTrains as they have a different PA system and the voices were provided by the manufacturer rather than custom to Supertram like the original system.

My only bug bear about the original system is how they didn't use a different recording for things like Manor Top vs Manor Top / Elm Tree, so it sounded weird as the Top went up in pitch instead of down like the end of sentence should do.

The "different voices, different routes" was also a complete failure as I never even knew that was the case until today reading back in this thread. I guess if I was a regular traveler I might have made the connection.

Edited by AlexAtkin

AFAIK they have only changed on the TramTrains as they have a different PA system and the voices were provided by the manufacturer rather than custom to Supertram like the original system.

My only bug bear about the original system is how they didn't use a different recording for things like Manor Top vs Manor Top / Elm Tree, so it sounded weird as the Top went up in pitch instead of down like the end of sentence should do.

The "different voices, different routes" was also a complete failure as I never even knew that was the case until today reading back in this thread. I guess if I was a regular traveler I might have made the connection.

When the timetable changed on the 28th January, the. Announcements were updated on the whole fleet.

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 06:53 ----------

Why did the need to change them? This has ruined my Chinese new year. Sheffield's unique culture is being dismantled brick by brick. I had to alight in disgust earlier and walk from Manor Top to Halfway.

Because they have updated/added extra information to some of the stop names such as Shalesmoor for Kelham Island, they’ve added extra information for passengers such as nether Thorpe road where it now says ‘use the right hand doors at this stop’ and at terminus where it should now say ‘please take all your personal belongings with you’.

Believe it or not, they aren't synthesised voices - they are real voice over artists although I agree that some of them do sound synthesised/computer generated.