Sheffield Supertram - The Voices

ohmyword

I hope Mr Pope is glad of the attention. He *knows* about us, but will he ever come on here and 'talk' to us? This man is a local legend!

I think we should start a fan page on Facebook. Shame we son't have any conclusive evidence on his appearance - we'll have to knock uo an e-fit. Heehee.

Ohmyword: I've recently been quite excited but the change in ticket colour to green. Nice colour I think.

I hope Mr Pope is glad of the attention. He *knows* about us, but will he ever come on here and 'talk' to us? This man is a local legend!

I think we should start a fan page on Facebook. Shame we son't have any conclusive evidence on his appearance - we'll have to knock uo an e-fit. Heehee.

Ohmyword: I've recently been quite excited but the change in ticket colour to green. Nice colour I think.

Yes! I'd definitely join it. Are you going to make it Matt?

Yeah, the ticket colour change - I don't like it actually. Why do you like it? I don't. I preferred it before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
re post 436 by vagueboy

yes the drivers did do the announcing themselves - but not always for every stop

This sounds like the Manchester Metrolink. I went on it a few days ago - it is RUBBISH! Nowhere near as good as our beloved Supertram. The Manchester Metrolink drivers did really substandard announcements in their annoying Mancunian nasal whine. Half of the route was out of order anyway. What a load of tripe!

By the way, I've made a dance track about Stagecoach Supertram. I will make it available for a free download very soon!

I LUV TRAM!!!

re post 436 by vagueboy

yes the drivers did do the announcing themselves - but not always for every stop

Cheers.

I think this was at the time when the routes were still not completed, so the Blue Route driver would go as far as Gleadless Townend, then head back into town, so not much variety for them. No wonder he sounded fed-up.