Should organised religion be banned?

No more naive or foolish than any religious belief, simply a belief.

No it's actually more naive and foolish that the beliefs of many British christians as the effects of him getting his way would be much more disastrous than them getting theirs.

Furthermore whilst most moderately sophisticated British Xians are carefull enough to make their beliefs effectively untestable like more primitive theists Jobee has made a hard easily testable claim - that criminalising religion wouldn't lead to unrest. We only need to look at what's happened in societies where similar things have been tried to see that it does leed to unrest. Jobee is on the same level of idiocy as someone who claiming that greek gods live on top of mount Olympus in a big palace.

That's a pretty lame answer if you're expecting anyone to take you seriously.

How would you enforce the law?

What would be the penalty for disobeying the law?

How would you enforce the law, name calling?

You have managed to put yourself on the same level as jobee by disrespecting other peoples beliefs.

No it's actually more naive and foolish that the beliefs of many British christians as the effects of him getting his way would be much more disastrous than them getting theirs.

Furthermore whilst most moderately sophisticated British Xians are carefull enough to make their beliefs effectively untestable like more primitive theists Jobee has made a hard easily testable claim - that criminalising religion wouldn't lead to unrest. We only need to look at what's happened in societies where similar things have been tried to see that it does leed to unrest. Jobee is on the same level of idiocy as someone who claiming that greek gods live on top of mount Olympus in a big palace.

No, simply a belief, not an act.

No, simply a belief, not an act.

Where did I say it was an act? I'm clearly talking about Jobee's moronic belief that his proposals wouldn't lead to unrest in the face of both theists and atheists (who he claims are on his side remember) telling him that they would resist his fascistic policies. I for one would resist his idiotic policies and I'm generally reckoned to be one of the more 'zealous' 'fundamentalist' atheists on here.

Where did I say it was an act? I'm clearly talking about Jobee's moronic belief that his proposals wouldn't lead to unrest in the face of both theists and atheists (who he claims are on his side remember) telling him that they would resist his fascistic policies. I for one would resist his idiotic policies and I'm generally reckoned to be one of the more 'zealous' 'fundamentalist' atheists on here.
I should add to your post that i would also be dusgusted if a ban on religion would come into force and i would also fight such a ban with every bone in my body.... violently if needed despite the fact i'm an atheist. I value personal freedom above all else...

You didn't, and neither did I, "just a belief, not an act", remember?

You are clearly saying that jobee's beliefs are moronic.

Your beliefs are different to his, so you call him moronic and idiotic.

You have managed to plant yourself firmly in his boat.

No. The difference is that neither I nor Plekhanov, nor most other right thinking people would seek to prevent Jobee expressing his beliefs, however stupid and dangerous they might be.

He would seek to ban others from freely expressing their beliefs.

;5731076']I should add to your post that i would also be dusgusted if a ban on religion would come into force and i would also fight such a ban with every bone in my body.... violently if needed despite the fact i'm an atheist. I value personal freedom above all else...

And would deny anyone else's personal freedom by the use of violence. :loopy:

;5731076']I should add to your post that i would also be dusgusted if a ban on religion would come into force and i would also fight such a ban with every bone in my body.... violently if needed despite the fact i'm an atheist. I value personal freedom above all else...

Politics and religion allways lead to violence.

Because they are.

Do you not understand that not all beliefs are equal? If you had a medical problem and were to consult several people about your issue would you give equal time to the idea's of someone in the medical proffession with a doctorate in their field with decades of experience with your medical problem and to some other person who's a complete quack horsesh*te peddling homeopath who ideas have no basis in reality?

Politics and religion allways lead to violence.
Sad but true. :(

And would deny anyone else's personal freedom by the use of violence. :loopy:
So its OK for me to stand by and let others deny the personal freedoms of the people that i care for?