Wife of 21/7 bomber jailed for 15yrs...

Yeshi Girma the wife of one of the 21/7 failed bombers was given 15yrs detention in prison for her part in aiding her husband Hussein Osman in his attempt to kill innocents and subsequently went on to hide him and evade the police.

Considering the death of Jean Charles de Menezes shot by police might have been avoided and the potential disaster that would have ensued if the bombers were successful in their attempt.... do you think she was given a long enough sentence?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4123525.ece

Yeshi Girma the wife of one of the 21/7 failed bombers was given 15yrs detention in prison for her part in aiding her husband Hussein Osman in his attempt to kill innocents and subsequently went on to hide him and evade the police.

Considering the death of Jean Charles de Menezes shot by police might have been avoided and the potential disaster that would have ensued if the bombers were successful in their attempt.... do you think she was given a long enough sentence?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4123525.ece

15 years jail. If only the death penalty was still around. With any luck, the rope would have been put around her worthless neck.

lol here we go

hang em, flog em, KILL EM

the thing is you have to put it into perspective..........she only aided and abetted, she didnt plan or carry out any part of the "mission"?

15 years is quite a lot for just aiding an offender?

now if she did really get kept in prison for 15 years thatd be ok

but we all know what the justice system is like........theyll prolly let her out for good behaviour after 2 years

and im not wholly convinced charles de mendez wouldnt have been "murdered" if she'd given up her husband.

wonder what happened to the children?

I believe the sentence is wholly adequate and appropriate, with obvious 'deterrent' impact.

I can think of unrelated cases where wives have covered up/or lied for their partners and not received such substantial sentences. Maxine Carr received less than 4 years for covering up for Ian Huntley, admittedly after the commission of his crimes.

Well done on the judge for grasping this nettle and hopefully pouring weedkiller on it.

I was wondering if somebody would mention this point.

The Met Police **** things up SPECTACULARLY, resulting in the death of an innocent and she gets the blame :hihi:

Yeah, she incorrectly identified de Menezes as wearing a long trenchcoat, she followed him through the streets of London, she ordered him to stop, she chased him as he leapt over a ticket barrier, she identified herself as a Police Officer, she held him down and blasted him several times in the head at point blank range.

Wow, she'e not a terrorist; she'd a bloody national hero :hihi:

lol here we go

hang em, flog em, KILL EM

the thing is you have to put it into perspective..........she only aided and abetted, she didnt plan or carry out any part of the "mission"?

15 years is quite a lot for just aiding an offender?

now if she did really get kept in prison for 15 years thatd be ok

but we all know what the justice system is like........theyll prolly let her out for good behaviour after 2 years

That has to be one of the most brain dead comments I have read on here.... carry on taking the pills mel.... in case you didn't know.... aiding and abetting a crime is worse than committing it in the eyes of the law.

Something as horrific as this is impossible to comprehend.... I'm sure if someone close to you was on the receiving end had they managed to explode themselves then you would have a different complexion on it.

I was wondering if somebody would mention this point.

The Met Police **** things up SPECTACULARLY, resulting in the death of an innocent and she gets the blame :hihi:

Yeah, she incorrectly identified de Menezes as wearing a long trenchcoat, she followed him through the streets of London, she ordered him to stop, she chased him as he leapt over a ticket barrier, she identified herself as a Police Officer, she held him down and blasted him several times in the head at point blank range.

Wow, she'e not a terrorist; she'd a bloody national hero :hihi:

Sounds to me as though you had already made your mind up before the point was made.... there's foresight for you.

That has to be one of the most brain dead comments I have read on here.... carry on taking the pills mel.... in case you didn't know.... aiding and abetting a crime is worse than committing it in the eyes of the law.

Something as horrific as this is impossible to comprehend.... I'm sure if someone close to you was on the receiving end had they managed to explode themselves then you would have a different complexion on it.

your talking **** as usual

IF it WAS worse than why did maxine carr only get 4 years and not more than ian huntly?

and IF it was your wife that commited a crime youd be torn between grassing her up and your years of love for that person?

trouble with you is...you dont look at the full picture you just see one part of it....look deeper than the surface.

yes what she did was wrong, yes what they did was wrong, but 15 years IS MORE than most people do get for a similer "crime" is it not?

15 years jail. If only the death penalty was still around. With any luck, the rope would have been put around her worthless neck.

..well the death penalty isn't still around, so what are your views on the sentence she received in light of that and compared to people who are found guilty of similar offences??