Cheap Car Insurance - 17 Year Old?

Hi...

I've just got my licence :banana:... and now im looking to get some insurance on my mums car, 206.

Rang up our insurance company and they said its toucing 2Gs! :rant::rant:

now i'd just like to know if youve got any kids round mt age who are prov. insurened? or if theres anyone whos 17 got cheep insurance?

would just like to know which is the best company?

No offense mate, but there's more chance of Gordon Brown winning the next general election than you finding a CHEAP insurance deal at your age.

Most insurance companies won't touch 17 year olds with a 10 foot bargepole for a start, due to the high risk of lots of claims, I'm not saying you'd claim but there has been MILLIONS of 17 year olds who have the driving skills of a gnat, and end up having accidents.

When I was 17, provisional licence, I was insured on my dad's ford fiesta for a only few hundred pounds more, but plus a much higher excess. This was with morethan, but I think we got discount because my mum's car and my sister's car were also insured with them. Your insurance wont get noticably lower until you are 21, possibly older if you are male!

Also, you need to be careful - if you are the only one driving the car but it is insured with your mum as the policy holder and you are just a named driver, this is called fronting and it is fraud. If you are sharing the car with your mum then it is fine.

direct line gave me the best quote (not for me btw), and they will not come up on comparison sites.

I'm paying £90 a month with direct line!:o on a 1l polo. Try tesco. Supermarkets are pretty cheap I think, apart from asda they quoted me £12850 on a 1.2 I just laughed!

If you're not planning on driving at the peak accident times i.e. at night, then it might be worth looking into one of the new schemes where the insurance company puts a gizmo in your car to track where and when you drive, then you pay a small up front premium, and after that it's per mile depending on what time you travel. My brother saved quite a bit by doing this, but like I said, there's no point if you do a lot of mileage or drive a lot at night. I think it's only the bigger companies that do this - my brother was with Norwich Union, who might have recently changed their name to Aviva or something similar.