Best pint of ale in Sheffield

I don't know if it's been done before, but I'll do it anyway.

What in your opinions is the best pint in Sheffied?

Now it could be (in a) a pub that does loads of good ales, or one that isn't so much famouse for having lots of ales, but has one outstanding pint.

So I'll start the ball rolling with my favourites,

3) Wainwright at The old Queen's head

2) Farmer's blonde at Kelham Island tavern

1) Tetley's (that's right try it!) at Fagan's

In my personal opinion, Oakham Citra is the best beer in Britain right now. So therefore the best pint in Sheffield will be wherever is serving Oakham Citra in Sheffield on cask and in good condition. :)

Edited by Stoatwobbler

I think the most enjoyable pint I've had in the last 12 months is Halcyon at the Dada Bar.

Regards

Doom

I don't know if it's been done before, but I'll do it anyway.

What in your opinions is the best pint in Sheffied?

Now it could be (in a) a pub that does loads of good ales, or one that isn't so much famouse for having lots of ales, but has one outstanding pint.

So I'll start the ball rolling with my favourites,

3) Wainwright at The old Queen's head

2) Farmer's blonde at Kelham Island tavern

1) Tetley's (that's right try it!) at Fagan's

Nowt wrong with a good pint of Tetley's if you can find one. The Dog and Partridge and The Grapes on Trippet Lane both used to do a top pint as well as Fagans.

Best beer I've had for a long time is SteelCity's Phantom of the Hopera from Beer Central. Bursting with hops, truly a mouthful.

I also love Kelpie seaweed ale that I've been buying a lot of from The Dram Shop lately.

For a perfectly quaffable session beer I find Hop Studio's Gold hits the spot.

Those bottles look good, reckon I'll have to try them out. Where's the establishment?

I normally tend to steer clear of Tetley's these days because it's a shadow of its former self. What I can say, is where I used to love to drink some (cask) beers in Sheffield, some of which you can no longer find:

Tetley's - The Cremorne, London Road

Ward's - Hallamshire House, Commonside

John Smith's Magnet - Fox and Duck, Broomhill

Kirby Ale - Red House, Solly Street

Stones - The Castle, Bolsterstone

Whitbread Trophy - Shiny Sheff, Crimicar Lane

Ind Coope Burton Ale - Fagan's, Broad Lane

Sam Smith's OBB - Brown Bear, Norfolk Street

Toughie. In the past 12 months on cask it was probably the Arbor Mosaic IPA at Shakespeares. Steel City Angel of Death was the best local brew IMO.

Those bottles look good, reckon I'll have to try them out. Where's the establishment?

Beer Central have sold out, but think Hop Hideout still have some

Beer Central have sold out, but think Hop Hideout still have some

Well get them restocked then :thumbsup:

Flew off the shelf they did, bloomin' gorgeous stuff.

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 17:16 ----------

Beer Central is in the new market on The Moor.

This is a very subjective topic. First of all you have to establish what style of beer you enjoy, establish which pubs/bars regularly serve such beer, then out of those pubs/bars decide which have the highest standards.

There is such a massive choice of beers out there and a lot of good pubs and bars in Sheffield serving them!

Some examples of pubs with a range of styles and consistent quality include the Rutland Arms, Three Tuns, Shakespeare's, Kelham Island Tavern, Dog & Partidge, Sheaf View, Broadfield - amongst many others.

Edited by Andy C

Ha, I'm all excited now, soon as I get a couple of days off work I'm going to try some of these places!:thumbsup:

Some examples of pubs with a range of styles and consistent quality include the Rutland Arms, Three Tuns, Shakespeare's, Kelham Island Tavern, Dog & Partidge, Sheaf View, Broadfield - amongst many others.

We fell out with the Three Tuns when Jaipur increased in price by about 30 pence and the quality dropped (new owners?).

The Dog & Partridge is interesting, because I wasn't aware they sold any real ale of note. That might be one for me to investigate this lunchtime.

Regards

Doom