Highchairs-which one is the best?

Any advice from parents about what to look for when buying a highchair?xx

look for one that has detachable straps as they get really grubby, also make sure the padding is easily cleanable. For our new baby (4 months now) we have got the mamas and papas pixi, mainly cos it folds really slim for storage. We haven't used it so i cant recommend it yet. 7 years ago for my son we got one almost identical to the prima papa one ( in mamas and papas) it was great but very big, take your baby when you shop and try them in it. I didn't do that this time because baby is too small for high chair at the moment but we got it early because we had the money ready.

If you choose a mamas and papas one ring the outlet shop in Huddersfield to see if they have one in stock they sell them without boxes hugely discounted.

fabgirl x

Any advice from parents about what to look for when buying a highchair?xx

One that reclines, is a high and low chair, detachable tray.. That's what I looked for today when picking my lil ones. Ive has a chicco polly before and was going to get another but am deciding between a graco Contempo (boots, £79.99) or arc Highchair with steri touch (mothercare, should be £99.99 but on offer at £64.99 at the mo!) but really it depends what your budget is, where it will go when not in use and if you want it to be a high chair with tray or low chair to go to the dining table. In laws have a basic one, that doesn't do much and I really don't like it... It's a squeeze getting older babies in and out at times, and baby sometimes appeared "slumped". Good luck in choosing one!! X

Thanks for the tips- im off buying one today!xx

Which one did u get minxy?

We got the graco teatime pop art onef thats on sale at asda at mo for £25. Im really happy

with it as alfie looked comfy in it and hes only 15 weeks xx

brill price, hope its good for you.my little one is now 17 weeks and I am just reading up about weaning,shes not ready yet and to be honest neither am I!! my oldest is 7 and advice has changed lots since then. I think i am just gonna do it my way, go with the flow and try not to stress.

fabgirl x

Alfie isnt ready for weaning yet but i want him to sit with us when we eat to get used to it.will put his toys on the tray whilst we eat xx

Alfie isnt ready yet but will put him in it when we eat to get him used to it x

We got a bumbo and sit Ruby on the table she just loves it sat there like a queen. It has a tray too. Its good to include them at mealtimes early they, my little one doesn't take her eyes off her brother, x

I have the Graco Contempo. Had it for my son. The cover was all ripped so I got a new one for my daughter. That is starting to rip now but she is 2.5. My son used it until he was over 2.5. It's great as they still fit in it when they are really big. Itfolds very slim to store. The detachable tray is great. The cheaper ones are ok until they get above 2 and then you struggle to get them in and out if they are big kids like mine!