Rebels Anyone??

Hey.

Does anyone know if Rebels is open again yet? I heard September time but haven't heard anything since.

Anyone?

Hey.

Does anyone know if Rebels is open again yet? I heard September time but haven't heard anything since.

Anyone?

Nope - it's reverted back to Fez Club. We tried our best but it was a case of 'use it or lose it'.

Your best bet for a good rock night is the Dove and Rainbow now as they've just got a 3am licence at weekends! \m/ :)

:mad:

Pants! Who's gonna play RATT for me now?!

Thanks for the reply anyway.

The Dove will, they have a very good requests policy

The Moorfoot Rock night continues on a Saturday night. Prior to the live rock band starting at about 9.30ish, there's rock requests - and I have Ratt!

Moorfoot Tavern, at the bottom of the Moor.

Hopefully, no one.

Dove and Rainbow is a regular haunt of mine. Rather go out meet friends and have few drinks than go to a club, cheaper.:love:

The Dove & Rainbow is an excellent choice but sometimes the huge demand for songs to be played could mean you have a long wait on your hands,especially during busy weekends. My advice is to get in there early.

As for the extended 2/3am license, as the landlord has stated, there is no garantee as yet, that these are going to be the official closing times. Depending on the number of customers in the pub at the time, he could quite rightly close much earlier.

At least with a Club you are garenteed a 2:30/3am finish time.

The Dove & Rainbow is an excellent choice but sometimes the huge demand for songs to be played could mean you have a long wait on your hands,especially during busy weekends. My advice is to get in there early.

As for the extended 2/3am license, as the landlord has stated, there is no garantee as yet, that these are going to be the official closing times. Depending on the number of customers in the pub at the time, he could quite rightly close much earlier.

At least with a Club you are garenteed a 2:30/3am finish time.

Yes typically I had a huge Q of songs to play last night, after 8.45pm there were ALL requests and just requests....but I do my best to include everything without playing short versions of anything....for requests get down early, as soon as I start at 7 I have people giving me lists of fave songs.....

Our license is to 3am weekends and 2am weeknights and as you quite rightly state, at the moment we are still closing around Midnight at the weekend depending on numbers in while we assess the potential. Still sorting out details, but later opening is guaranteed on any night if we are still very busy around Midnight. Last night was fair and we stayed open a bit later I think.

Not always true about clubs with guaranteed opening times, as that too depends on numbers in especially during the last hour of advertised opening. I have been to clubs recently (not in Sheffield tho) where the punters tailed off between 1 and 2 and they ended up closing the bars a full hour early to saving on staff costs and kicking out early....not happy:(

Ratt will be played for you ..I sometimes get requests for YOU'RE IN LOVE, but can play any other Ratt song. The important thing here is to get your requests in early, as after 9 its virtually all previously taken requests until close.......but always come up and ask anyway, as there may be gaps for certain bands or types of music.....ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE:)

Your best bet for a good rock night is the Dove and Rainbow now as they've just got a 3am licence at weekends! \m/ :)

This is true, but currently we are not using it to the max, still market testing on numbers coming down between 11 and Midnight, it went up last night compared to usual and we stayed open a bit later than normal.

hi golden fleece

will you be taking requests on line as some pubs are doing this now :)