DFS.....'Not ANOTHER sale!'

Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh!

They're at it again. 'dfs' have now extended their sale to this weekend. It's ridiculous - the sale was supposed to end on Bank Holiday Monday!

There was a report on The Bull**** Detective (BBC Three) into dfs' dodgy sales, and it uncovered the truth - the sales are not sales!

The law states that an item has to be available and out on the shop floor for at least 28 days (I think, or somewhere around that time) before it can be reduced in priced and advertised as being in a sale. 'dfs' usually start a sofa off at the 'reduced' price in the first place, so you don't actually save anything. They've even tried to cover the dodginess up by saying in their adverts 'we only have two sales a year.'

Well, they probably do only have two a year, but they last for about 6 months each!

Can this apply also to closing down sale like , the shop in town called streetwise sports been closing down for 2 years now hasn't it ?

I know the shop is being or has been taken over by sports world but c'mon 2 years is along time for a place to have a final reductions closing down 'all stock must go' sale :loopy:

Can this apply also to closing down sale like , the shop in town called streetwise sports been closing down for 2 years now hasn't it ?

I know the shop is being or has been taken over by sports world but c'mon 2 years is along time for a place to have a final reductions closing down 'all stock must go' sale :loopy:

Yep! It's a bit silly isn't it?!

And now dfs are back with their 'introductory offers'. Anyone get a sense that you don't save all the money that dfs say you do?

A relative of mine once went into a DFS and tried to buy a suite. The problem was, he came with cash in hand and wanted to pay for it there and then.

In short, no matter how he tried to part with his cash, the monkey on the shop floor kept insisting on 4 years interest free credit with no payment for the first year. I can't remember what the outcome was.

As for The Bull**** Detective, I saw this. In effect, it proved that DFS were operating outside the usual rules of (I'd guess) the Sale of Goods Act, the Advertising Standards Authority and sundry other legislation. Typically, DFS are one of the Big Boys and so continue to get away with what is misleading selling. Maybe a certain 'behind bars' UKIP MEP is a major shareholder or something?

A relative of mine once went into a DFS and tried to buy a suite. The problem was, he came with cash in hand and wanted to pay for it there and then.

In short, no matter how he tried to part with his cash, the monkey on the shop floor kept insisting on 4 years interest free credit with no payment for the first year. I can't remember what the outcome was.

As for The Bull**** Detective, I saw this. In effect, it proved that DFS were operating outside the usual rules of (I'd guess) the Sale of Goods Act, the Advertising Standards Agency and sundry other legislation. Typically, DFS are one of the Big Boys and so continue to get away with what is misleading selling.

A lot of places seem to work this way now. They more than likely sell their stuff at cost, or nearly cost price, then rely on the exorbitant interest for their profit

i think its something to do with the lines of clothing or the brand. They started 'closing' when they dropped donnay stuff, and when i asked when it would be shutting they said it was only the donnay part they were closing. If that makes sense.

Like everybody else Im sick of DFS and their sales and it does seem to contravene the laws on sales but you can bet that somewhere in their ultra small print some hotshot lawyer will have it covered,but if you think Im going to trawl through it all your mistaken:hihi: got better things to do than worry about DFS and their bumpf,what does Kemp say on the new advert..DFS only has two sales a year..Yeah January and July and they each last for 6 months:hihi: