Clifton Park - Rotherham - What a great place.

There's a bail hostel right next door to the park.

Thanks for that info although I don't need anywhere to stay.

Ive always lived in Sheffield, but when we were young my mum and dad used to take us to Clifton Park - they even had donkey rides then - during school hoidays or on weekends. When I had my 2 children we used to take them, often with some of their friends and make a day of it with a picninc and playing in the paddling pool.

Now after all the regeneration work it is better than ever and I take my grandchildren, they love it. The new paddling pool area is fantastic.

There is also the museum at the top end of the park which is well worth a visit.

In all the times I have been there I have never seen any trouble.

They also host the annual Rotherham Show there and this is good too.

Thanks for that info although I don't need anywhere to stay.

Maybe not but she might.

Clifton Park is superb. Far better than anything Sheffield has and most of what it has is free. Well done Rotherham I say.

micheal_n thankyou for your help! Shal be taking a trip there next week (weather permitted)

iv took the kids a few times and they love it, theyve really done it up good now. the fair is really well priced aswell.

I went to clifton with the kids on sunday and you're right it is brilliant. The nearest thing we have in sheffield would be to combine graves park with millhouses park. The play area at graves is pretty good since they upgraded it

Maybe not but she might.

Ha ha, no thanks. Being a police officer don't think they'd want me staying there, or maybe they would!