Woodside lane in the 50s

Hi LESMITH, I am Jean Buckley I lived at 78 Macro St at my grans. It used to be a public house in years gone by,by the name of The Wellington. I went to Woodside School as i said. Sandra Pilkington lived in the yard next to the Forresters pub (still there), Irene Deakin lived on Reginald St. Carol Charlesworth lived on Fox St. We used to have some great bonfire nights all those years ago.There was always a massive one at grans as she had a big yard with it being an old pub.

LESMITH, I had a brother called George when I lived there,we bought the big house on the corner of Fox St(number 2) and Pitsmoor Rd (on starwalk day we only had to go in our yard to see them walk passed) other people stood fighting for space to get a good view.We also lived on Spital St for a short time, but that was when my parents gave up the pub on Greysock Street at Norfolk Bridge. I think there is a car centre there now,Ford I think. Before that it was the indoor cricket building and before that the pub. I can remember Carol Denby very well. I hope you get in touch again its been nice going down memory lane.

Hi LESMITH, I am Jean Buckley I lived at 78 Macro St at my grans. It used to be a public house in years gone by,by the name of The Wellington. I went to Woodside School as i said. Sandra Pilkington lived in the yard next to the Forresters pub (still there), Irene Deakin lived on Reginald St. Carol Charlesworth lived on Fox St. We used to have some great bonfire nights all those years ago.There was always a massive one at grans as she had a big yard with it being an old pub.

hi jean didnt sandra pilkinton live in woodside lane over the wall from the school becaues i lived nere the forrester and tony and carol websters grandma and antis uncels lived in that yard and i cant remember any body called pilkinton living there but do remember them living in woodside lane could be wrong len

Hi Leonard, maybe your'e right I'm 62 now and the mind sometimes tells you different things. i'll put it down to my age.If you want you can pm me o k.

Anyone know the whereabouts of the Buccieri family? Sonny or Raff, Christina - all possibly dead now but what about their families. I am researching my family tree. I'm a Franchetti descendant from Woodside Lane in the early 1900's.

Peter Buccieri died 5th febuary 2008 intered Shiregreen cemetery(son)

leaves a son Jon and daughter Francesca

julie and josie sisters living in Hillsboro step sister? Jean also passed away

My hubby's grandma lived on Woodside Lane in the 40s about 1950 when she left. She was called Gertrude Linton, my hubby's 65, so you can presume she was elderly when she left. She was there during the war and hubby's mother lived there also till marrying, her maiden name was May Linton. Anyone old enough to remember them?

Were there any Drabble people living on Woodside Lane that anyone can remember? I have a very old marriage certificate of a Drabble couple (too old for anyone to remember!) but, there may have been some descendants still there in 40's/50's. Another family they were related to were the Bonsall family.

Duffems

Peter Buccieri died 5th febuary 2008 intered Shiregreen cemetery(son)

leaves a son Jon and daughter Francesca

julie and josie sisters living in Hillsboro step sister? Jean also passed away

sorry don't know any one of that name (Linton)

few local names Bradbury,Firth,Mallinsons,Marsdens,Smith,Buccieri,Barnsley,

Hague,Fowler Street:Rodgers shop,Hukins,Fieldings, Halls,Crawfords,Earls,Cleggs,Furniss, Cleaver,Broomheads,Spencers,Norris,

Were there any Drabble people living on Woodside Lane that anyone can remember? I have a very old marriage certificate of a Drabble couple (too old for anyone to remember!) but, there may have been some descendants still there in 40's/50's. Another family they were related to were the Bonsall family.

Duffems

Drabble on Big Haywood Road

Drabble on Fowler Street

Burngreave56

I can remember a sandra clegg ,hazel broomhead and a blanche rodgers from woodside. I knew someone called norris too but i can't put a first name to him.

I remember the Broomheads on Fowler St, Eric, and his two sisters. Would the Spencers have a son called Les? And the Halls, Ernest, Dennis and Frank. Do you remember Jack Best? All on Fowler. And little Hayward Road, Gouldings, Dereck, George, Tommy and little Arthur. Denis Swift, Denis Bullivant, Denis Wade. On Woodside Lane itself, the Taylors, Martins, Parkers, Revels. Trying to remember the names of the Broomhead sisters, one was called Minnie but I can't remember the other.

What about Birley Street, seems to be the forgotten thouroughfare, remember Mrs Johnson, massive woman.

on Birley St there was the Jennets,cutts,houseley's,hewitts,lindley's to name but some.