Woodside lane in the 50s

Harry Noble. I seem to remember my dad mentioning that name, god rest his soul. He lived on Woodside lane as a boy. Stanley Townsend. Does anyone remember the Townsend's. He grew up there in the 1930's, 40's

Cazza

hi i was born in woodside lane in 1946 lived there and rutland road till i was 20 went to woodside school and burngreeve.use to knock around with richard idle tony webster john turton alan thorpe [bookys] michell bramer.frank peicson there was 3 sister called pilkinton.denice poulton.just a few deos any body remember any of them len

I remember Tony Webster, John Turton (i still see him) Alan Thorpe and Frank Pearson. I don't know all the Pillkinsons but I remember Sandra Pillkington.I was born in November 1945 in Macro Street.Can you remember Peter Green, Frank Corker, Isabella Tomlinson and Roger Barton. Was Miss Miller the headmistress when you went to Woodside. Do you remeber anyone called Jean Buckley that used to go to Woodside ?

My dad lived near woodside lane, on rugby street. He lived with his mum and his nan. His name was arnold ellis

pedro uno, I got to ask you this, where on Rugby Street? Rugby Street was just a dip between Woodside Lane and Rutland Road. From the Woodside Lane end there was, on the right, high walls bordering one of the courts, on the left was another wall and Woodside School with possibly the caretaker's house. Was your pa' the caretaker of the school?

I remember Tony Webster, John Turton (i still see him) Alan Thorpe and Frank Pearson. I don't know all the Pillkinsons but I remember Sandra Pillkington.I was born in November 1945 in Macro Street.Can you remember Peter Green, Frank Corker, Isabella Tomlinson and Roger Barton. Was Miss Miller the headmistress when you went to Woodside. Do you remeber anyone called Jean Buckley that used to go to Woodside ?

hi yes i can remember frank corker use to knock around with him he lived at the last house on wilson street i can remember 2 more brothers one older called henery and one younger he had a sister called marrie yes i remember peter green he had a younger brother he lived on plats street lost his dad when he was young carnt remember the other 2 yes miss miller was the headnistress when i went do you remember pop winlow and miss maskery very young good looking ?

pedro uno, I got to ask you this, where on Rugby Street? Rugby Street was just a dip between Woodside Lane and Rutland Road. From the Woodside Lane end there was, on the right, high walls bordering one of the courts, on the left was another wall and Woodside School with possibly the caretaker's house. Was your pa' the caretaker of the school?

hi i live in woodside lane and rutland road the only house on rugby street was the caretaker for the school

I saw Henry Corker last week . I asked you if you remembered Jean Buckley but you didn't answer. Yes i remember pop I thought he was great he made us laugh with those big bushy eyebrows.My grandmother lived on Woodside Lane and my other gran lived on Macro St. Can you remember the Fowlers and the Betts families ?

I saw Henry Corker last week . I asked you if you remembered Jean Buckley but you didn't answer. Yes i remember pop I thought he was great he made us laugh with those big bushy eyebrows.My grandmother lived on Woodside Lane and my other gran lived on Macro St. Can you remember the Fowlers and the Betts families ?

hi i can remember the name but carnt place her iremember the fowlers do you remember a girl called pat right small girl were did jean live ?

Hi Lesmith, Jean lived on Macro St until being rehoused. When I was young I used to go to Upperthorpe baths with tickets from Stanley tools ( my mam was in the sports and social club) I used to go with a girl called Christine Charlesworth and about 4 others, but the names escape me. Christine and I were friends back then but have'nt seen her for years now. I also went about with Sandra Pilkington and Irere Deakin.

At work a few months ago I saw Janet Lindey, she hasn't changed at all and she knew me straight away. Another person I saw last week was Janet Cutts when I was at the hairdressers. Hope to here from you soon.

Hi Wickedplasticd, Ilved in Macro st and went to Woodside school. I know the Thorpes,the Turtons (John,Ann,Sandra), I remember Tony Webster, Sandra Pilkington (used to hang around with her amongst others) and the Poultons. I lived at Pitsmoor until the slum clearence then went to live at Longley.

Hi Lesmith, Jean lived on Macro St until being rehoused. When I was young I used to go to Upperthorpe baths with tickets from Stanley tools ( my mam was in the sports and social club) I used to go with a girl called Christine Charlesworth and about 4 others, but the names escape me. Christine and I were friends back then but have'nt seen her for years now. I also went about with Sandra Pilkington and Irere Deakin.

At work a few months ago I saw Janet Lindey, she hasn't changed at all and she knew me straight away. Another person I saw last week was Janet Cutts when I was at the hairdressers. Hope to here from you soon.

hi my name is leonard smith i had 2 sisters 1older and one younger and 2 younger brothers if you went to the bath with carol charlesworth and iren deackon then we all went together i can remember the pilkington well i can remember janet lindey and janet cutts she knock around with a girl called carol dembydo you remember her can you remember bonfire nights we had sum good times hope to here from you

hi does any body remember the 4 steaple on pitsmoor road we use to climd it to get baby pigeons did enybody esle ?