How much did your kitchen cost you?

Just had a quote and whilst the designer has the design spot-on, I was a little disappointed at the price tag of at cheapest £6500. That is excluding the cost of a new washer/dryer and new dishwasher. I'm a first time buyer in a small one bedroom flat in S10.

But I really don't know just what these things cost. Its only a small kitchen as well. That price includes the labour to put it all in. Job done.

just curious to hear people's experiences. :)

We have just fitted our own for around £1600, not including appliances (except extractor) We have a medium sized kitchen. I think a good portion of the price is labour costs, but of course the quality of the units makes a difference too.

Just to add, the total for our kitchen inc all units, worktops (Ikea),built in double oven,hob,(currys) freestanding dishwasher( woolworths), wall tiles(Terra firma), laminate flooring (from screwfix.

£2800 approx, and it's gorgeous, although not finished.

It depends what quality you want, how much you do yourself, what appliances you put in. We managed for about £1,000 including having to get workmen in to replumb our washing machine and wire in the new fan oven extractor fan and plumb in the new gas hob but we went on freeads and bought unwanted units and put them together with some others, bought the appliances through freeads and auction sites. I think an average price would be about £2,000

Hi, I'm buying a kitchen from Purdy's at Woodhouse Mill they deal with a lot of kitchen unit manufacturers. Altogether for the kitchen units, appliances and fitting its costing about £3,500. Think the quote you've been given is very high and I'd suggest having a look around. I've been told that Arnold Laver are also good suppliers/fitters of kitchens.

Hi, I'm buying a kitchen from Purdy's at Woodhouse Mill they deal with a lot of kitchen unit manufacturers. Altogether for the kitchen units, appliances and fitting its costing about £3,500. Think the quote you've been given is very high and I'd suggest having a look around. I've been told that Arnold Laver are also good suppliers/fitters of kitchens.

purdys blimey that place still there?

thats been going afair few years

Prices have put me off, so as the kitchen is white and only ten years old im hoping to just give is a HUGE clean and change the door handles and replace the grey splash back tiles and worktop.

The appliances (apart from cooker and extractor) are not integrated, so we bought new washer, dishwasher and washing machine when we moved in last year. So hopefully doing this will spruce the place up a bit!

Not thought of doing this to save money too?

i had a fitted kitchin put in my house about 10 years ago, i paid £7,514.66 and that did not include any white goods in it. it was worth every penny though, i sold the house with it in recently and is was still in perfect condition. as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

I did the whole job in a big kitchen - 17 ft x 8 ft which included removing all the plaster and re-plastering, plumbing, units, appliances including integrated dishwasher, and tiling for £ 3 200. I got the units from IKEA, and a local carepenter to fit everything. I did a few jobs myself like tiling, fitting lights etc, but the result was a beautiful kitchen that is admired by everybody who sees it. I also had a company come and quote me to do everything, and they wanted £ 9000 plus appliances. so if you are prepared to do some work yourself, and can co-ordinate different workmen, plumbers, electricians etc, you should be able to keep the costs down.

Kitckens can be an open cheque-book. We had ours done last year. We got a few quotes that were really high especially B&Q - £17,000, and it was not great quality. We were happy with the quote we got in the end. Our kitchen is 16ft by 15ft.

Costs;

Kitchen Units (including solid oak doors and iron handles), Double Brittania Oven, extractor, indesit dishwasher £6000- Kitchen World, Heeley

A lot of granite including upstands and cooker splashback £1,900 K's on City Road.

Floor tiles £900- Terra Firma on London Road.

All of the prices include vat and fitting. We also had the whole room re-plastered because the ceiling had a water leak (which was originally why we started thinking about a new kitchen) and there was some really horrible artex on the walls. Plus it is in a flat-roof extension which we stripped off and put a new pitched roof on with two large veluxes.

Plastering £300

Electrics £300

Total cost was exactly £10,000 (with a £600 double american fridge freezer from Currys) which was our budget. The room looks amazing now. All of the people we used (apart from the plasterers) were fantastic, especially Terra Firma.

Archived