Cats - how do I deter them from coming onto my garden?

So much so that the Tom cat across the road won't come into his front garden in case she rushes across the road and attacks him. She crouches by the hedge and attacks any cat that dares to appear on the street.

surely that animal should be put down!!! Imagine coming home to several hundred pounds of vets fees cos of the crazy cat that lives opposite????

Try and get some tiger poo manure its ment to work a treat..

The only thing that will permanently stop other people's cats from hanging around on your garden, is having one of your own. Any other deterrent will lose its effect over time.

Absolutely right. It will also deter mice and rats. I am going to get one myself. I'm getting fed up with mice coming in the house and garden. Bold as brass they are, sit there looking at you as if they own the place.

Would all the backward, immature little cretins on here who are advocating cruelty to animals, (it means recommending, in case you're struggling with the word), kindly go off and play somewhere else! ... Preferably with the traffic... This means YOU: getto sniper, bernthefirs, Googleberry and Jonna.

Someone I know has just paid over two hundred pounds in vets fees, due to one of your ilk shooting his cat with an airgun.

If he ever comes across the retard that did it, they'd better like hospital food!

Mod note: We've removed various posts that suggest animal cruelty, and will continue to do so along with the people who advocate it.

Over the years on radio gardening programmes a product that is mentioned which you get from garden centres is called GRENARDINE. Reports say it works very well so you may want to get some before you try the sonic method.

i have heard that if you get some lion pee ( no idea where from!!!) and sprinkle it around your garden it will deter any animal smaller than a lion. hopefully that will be every animal in your area.

however, finding a lion and then collecting it pee is up to you......

Next doors cats, a ginger tom, a gay male and the torteshell use my garden as a toilet, how do I stop them? ARE there any products to frighten them away, or do I simply buy a large dog?

To be fair, its the torteshell thats the real culprit, he obviously has a high fibre diet...... the gray one and the ginger aren't so bad.

Advise please

My nanan and grandad put orange peel in the back garden, i don't know if it works lol.:)

surely that animal should be put down!!! Imagine coming home to several hundred pounds of vets fees cos of the crazy cat that lives opposite????

She doesn't do damage to the other cats other than slap them with a paw and she's only half the size of the tom. One look at her with her hair bristling and they are off.

super soaker should sort that :thumbsup:

super soaker should sort that :thumbsup:

What do you mean? like a water gun like they use at those hand car washs?

hehe i forgot i got a jetwash in the corner of the garden, problem is the buggers are geon before you can get it

we have this sonic thing now and ive told my neighbours that if their kids complain of earache or a noise ill turn it off

nothing so far though