Problems with Blundells estate agents

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a house and already have an Independent financial adviser with a mortgage agreed in principle. However, Blundells have said if I want to buy with them I have to go to their mortgage adviser. They will not accept the documents from my financial adviser, saying they do not work with the third party!

Has anyone else had did difficulty?

Hi

This sounds like a load of old rubbish! We are currently buying a property through Blundells (and its taking forever, which isn't their fault, although they are rubbish!) and they accepted the mortgage offer we had from our bank. Yes, they hassled us with phone calls about going through their 'Mortgage Talk'. but when it came down to putting the offer on the property they accepted we had sorted out our mortgage elsewhere.

They shouldn't be allowed to do this, and you should tell them this in no uncertain terms. And if you do buy this property, dont expect to get a brilliant service from them!

I'd contact the vendor and tell them that their agent is deliberately obstructing the sale in order to try and gain a few extra quid from the commission they'd no doubt get if they sold you the financial products.

I'd contact the vendor and tell them that their agent is deliberately obstructing the sale in order to try and gain a few extra quid from the commission they'd no doubt get if they sold you the financial products.

I have purchased through blundells twice and each time they asked me to see their FA to qualify me financially. The first time I went to see the mortgage talk in 2003 and they were happy to accept my own bank mortgage offer.

Recently, I dealt with them again and this time I had to talk to their financial advisor on the phone and he said, he does not need to see me and is happy to tell the blundells I am ok.

I have found that it is a problem with most estate agents now as they would ask you to see their FA to qualify you financially but the background plan is to trick you to their mortage advisor, they are generating customers for their FA.

Bear in mind, although never proved practically, my gut feelings are that if there are two similar offers on a property and everything else equal regarding the two purchasers, the estate agents might recommend the purchaser who will go with their financial advisor. Well, this is my personal feeling.

I've been hassled by Blundells-for Mortgage Talk and also the conveyancing. The conveyancing sales guy got quite narky on the phone and I had to explain to him that his quote was £300 more expensive than the others I got.

You will find that most estate agents will recommend that you see their advisor. If you take their mortgage offer then the estate agent gets money. It's almost like what Natwest do, when they ask customers to come in for a financial review. They have no interest in the customer, just what they can sell them.

This doesn't sound like Blundells , I do quite a lot with them . Contact the people that are selling the house and let them get in touch with Blundells or get in touch with Mike Blundell himself , because I don't think he would stand for this .

An estate agent is in breach of its own code of conduct if blatantly obstructing either an offer being placed or the progression of a sale.

Threaten them with reporting to

Estate agent ombudsman

National Association of Estate Agents

RICS

(whichever they belong to)

If you want to deal with it in-house, ask for the company's Internal Complaints Procedure. You should be given the details of a managing director/partner. Do not accept the branch managers details.

Obviously someone in the office is trying to bump up thier monthly bonus:

£5 for the lead

£25 for the mortgage offer

It all adds up...

No you never have to use Blundells financial adviser/mortgage advisor, it is a scam and another example of how they do business. Try and buy a house from any other estate agent or as previous threads suggest contact the vendor directly.

I would also say it was about time someone went to press about Blundells because there are loads of threads and posts on here about them, certainly a lot more than all the other estate agents put together. Problem is, their advertising keeps the Telegraph afloat so I cant see Sheffield Newspapers having a go.

I had exactly the same problem with Haybrooks, they would not put my offer to the vender until i had seen their advisor. although i had proof of mortgage offer etc.

In the end found a better House on the same development but through Butlers independent agents.

Anyone would think Blundells didnt want my custom or to make sales. Its their lost.

by law, an estate agent has to inform their client of any offer submitted.

they all try to 'pursuade' the prospective buyer to take a mortgage through their financial advisor.

the sooner regulations for estate agents comes into force, the better.

at least dick turpin wore a mask.

I have found Blundells to be extremely professional when dealing with my recent relocation. They were able to keep the sale live, using effective communication skills and an understanding of the broader picture, when crass handling by the vendor's solicitor put the sale in serious jeopardy.