The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Try Headlines in town, above New Look - they had a sign outside the other day wanting models for training. Colours from £10.

Or, you could also try City Spa at City College on Granville Road

thanks, i attend that college so i will have a look at their prices friday (:

dont glue them hun, go have a weave done at Hair 2 go on Dixon lane, Sheffield, its only £55 all in and a lot better for your hair xx

Don't think they are too bad, especially for a level 3. Tempted to start going there myself cos i'm at S2 as well, so on my way home from work

I wouldn't be personally bothered myself about it. but I remember being at school and we were not allowed to dye our hair any bright colours because they thought it would not look smart and was against the uniform

It shouldn't but if the hotel wants to have a certain dress code, then they can, and everyone should stick to it. You don't see people with green mohawks working in banks, or dentists with loads of facial piercings, it wouldn't bother me but thats not the image the bank/dentists wants to portray.

I certainly agree with that, but my point is that red hair isn't exactly facial piercings or tattoos. I do agree if the boss have set a dress code than you should stick to it, but if none have been signed or isn't part of their contract then the employer hasn't really got a leg to stand on and shouldn't 'make' the OP change her hair, just ask her politely to change it but if she doesn't then she doesn't and that if she doesn't get sacked for or goes through some form of disciplinary procedure.

It shouldn't but if the hotel wants to have a certain dress code, then they can, and everyone should stick to it. You don't see people with green mohawks working in banks, or dentists with loads of facial piercings, it wouldn't bother me but thats not the image the bank/dentists wants to portray.

Also my cousin works in a bank and has tattoos on her arms. They make her cover them by wearing long sleeve top's even in the hot weather, as it is against their dress code

Hi,

Does any one know a good mobile hairdresser who can dye hair too or a good hair salon near the S5 area which isnt too expensive. Thanks :)

Try Diannes on bellhouse road, near nethershire shops

Hi does anyone know of any hairdresses wanting hair colour models?? Thanks

Why does red hair offend you Jay - do you think it would have any impact on the employee's ability to do a good job?

Exactly!! thats what i said