Owlerton dog races - Hillsborough

tia1803

hi

does anyone know if kids can go to the dogs???

my 5 and 7 year old want to go

While you & your kids are there, take them for a wander to the kennel pen area where the dogs are 'held' between races.See if they still think its a 'nice night out'. Last time I went all the dogs seemed really fed up in their urine soaked conditions.

Funny how this is never mentioned on their radio adverts or even on the Owlerton website.........(more interested in selling corporate boxes and hen nights out)

hi

does anyone know if kids can go to the dogs???

my 5 and 7 year old want to go

does anyone also know if there are any cheap nights in case i just go with the other half?!

Might be an idea, when you are there, to ask your kids, what they think happens to the 3000+ retired greyhounds each year who can't be rehomed? I always find that that thoughts of bolt guns and ear removals add so much to family nights out.....

no one was promoting them to sports

it was merely a question and would probably be a 1 off visit

not all dogs are abused,thats not a fair comment unless you know that all dogs are abused

but then thats like not letting the kids watch the grand national which is broadcast in the day when kids do see tv..you could say that horses are mistreated with racing that far and may being put to sleep if they fall during a race

there a lots of things in the world that we might not like but we still do them