Affected areas questions

If crokes was flooded the rest of sheffield wouldn't exist anymore

If crookes was flooded the rest of sheffield wouldn't exist anymore

neither would most of england... the local pub's not called the Noah's Ark for nothing (don't know where you'd put the giraffes and elephants though, it's not really big enough)

:lol: digirunoff, so true.

I've always cursed living on the middle of a hill (so either way I go it's always hilly) but right now am counting my blessings...

Crookes is fine from what I know Lindseyw - I went upto the Bolehills with the dogs yesterday and the grass wasn't even squidgy.

When I left this was morning, the traffic was terrible. Does anybody know what it is like now, I'm not sure whether to leave work a bit early - because last time, I didn't, and had to stay in town!

Let me know x

A61 Westwood New Road is closed at A629 junction (Jet petrol station). I have heard it's closed all way up to Tankersley but not confirmed by BBC Travel.

Thanks Shazbat, I think the traffic is all actually going through High Green (down Wortley Road)!

x

How is Wortley Road going towards Chapeltown in High Green?

I have to get down that way tonight and wondered if it would be chockablock or if it should have calmed down by about 6pm.

Thankies

It was very very slow this morning, took probably about 45 mins.

Hi,

Does anyone no when meadowhall will be opening its doors again? Im going on holiday at the weekend and left it till the last minutes to get some holiday clothes and general bits and bobs.

From their web site:

As a result of the extreme flooding in the Sheffield area, Meadowhall has experienced flooding in and around the Centre. Consequently, the Centre is closed for business to coordinate a cleanup operation and ensure a speedy return to normal trading conditions. At this present time we anticipate that the Centre will continue to be closed on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th June. Further updates will be released on this website. 16:42 26th June 2007.

Does anyone know if the Co-Op at Hillsborough is open? In particular the Post Office desk in there. Unlikely, but you never know.

I heard it was still gridlocked on BBC Sheffield Radio at Lunch time. I have no idea how I am getting back from Rotherham.

At least I will have my works laptop with me though :D