Affected areas questions

I went into town from Nether Edge area of the world and everything seems fine on the route. Buses were running past me as I walked into town and everything seemed very quiet. Incl the buses who had very few people on them!

I think it depends on where in town you are coming from as to whether you'll make it or not.

I went into town from Nether Edge area of the world and everything seems fine on the route. Buses were running past me as I walked into town and everything seemed very quiet. Incl the buses who had very few people on them!

I think it depends on where in town you are coming from as to whether you'll make it or not.

southey green mate,

why dont u catch the bus into hillsbourgh and get on the tram into town.

hi

does anybody know what it's like near freemans call centre, i was wondering if i will be able to get to work tomorrow???

southey green mate,

Sorry I don't actually know all areas of Sheffield by name, but that puts you north side right? Meaning your Bus would need come in via the Wicker meaning you'd be pretty shafted based on what I saw. I was just saying that from the West side of Sheffield the transport is working fine :) But people are using any excuse to stay at home :hihi:

I think the equation is =

If transport route needs A61 or Wicker = stay in bed.

EDIT = Alternatively phone your school / college and find out what happens with exams missed cos of the weather!

I know this is probably impossible to answer, but does anyone know if the trains are likely to be up and running again by Thursday morning? I'm meant to be on a 2 day course in Leeds later this week, but think I may just cancel now, otherwise it's going to be a nightmare getting over there.

No trains are operating on any of the routes out of Sheffield because it's flooded. The only one which is operating is Sheffield-Manchester line.

Unless as suggested, you want to take a 2 hr journey to get up to Leeds via Manchester. I don't know whether it is 2 train journeys, or a train journey and a bus connection. You have to check it out.

Unless the flooded areas slowly drain itself, it is pretty hard to say... its anyone's guess.

The 75/76 was running today from the northern general. That was diverted around spital hill area, but got through okay.

yeah, i always go through the wicker no matter what bus i catch, and into catching the bus from hillsborough.... its flooded down there aswell isnt it so dont expect much tomorrow.

Sorry I don't actually know all areas of Sheffield by name, but that puts you north side right? Meaning your Bus would need come in via the Wicker meaning you'd be pretty shafted based on what I saw. I was just saying that from the West side of Sheffield the transport is working fine :) But people are using any excuse to stay at home :hihi:

I think the equation is =

If transport route needs A61 or Wicker = stay in bed.

EDIT = Alternatively phone your school / college and find out what happens with exams missed cos of the weather!

was it really that bad in the wicker mate, am i being naive into thinking it will have cleared up to an extent in the morning early it will be open for traffic, i think so.

hi

does anybody know what it's like near freemans call centre, i was wondering if i will be able to get to work tomorrow???

I passed it today, went from darnall to parson cross, went down stright on at the post office roundabout along upwell street, lots of mess but the roads are open and dry :)

av u seen hillsborough on the tv lol,

what a 2 hour journey to get into town,

it starts at 9, ive got no chance.