The Myers Grove - Wisewood schools merge debate

should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?

• No- Don't merge the schools
    • Yes- Merge the schools
    • No- Keep both schools open, spend the money improving both schools

I know that I will be applying for my children to go to Bradfield in the future. I am not in the Bradfield catchment but as Jonathan Crossley-Holland says about parental choice 'you still have a choice of all the schools in Sheffield' so to me that means that it doesnt matter if you live in catchment or not you may still get a place in the school that you want!

I know that I will be applying for my children to go to Bradfield in the future. I am not in the Bradfield catchment but as Jonathan Crossley-Holland says about parental choice 'you still have a choice of all the schools in Sheffield' so to me that means that it doesnt matter if you live in catchment or not you may still get a place in the school that you want!

After all thats been said by jch you can't believe we have any choice, he has been overheard to say we are a captive audience when asked "what if Wisewood choose not to send their children to the new school"

Anyway what will they call the new school I suggest Wisewood as 70% of the children will be from our school or failing that what about jonathans folly.

What people seem to be missing is that this is not just a Wise wood & Myers Grove issue, it's an issue that will have an impact on the whole of the north west of the city.

EXACTLY !!!!!!

A few word spring to mind. HEAD A WALL MY BANGING BRICK AGAINST.

I will keep fighting on with all the outstanding questions/queries that I have regarding the WHOLE area.

The main point of contention with me at the moment is that it is a clearly not the case. Bradfield pupil numbers are predicted to drop. A basic function of a local authority is to manage an effective pattern of school places, not to do so mean wasting funding. One condition of the Building Schools for the Future programme is that there should be plans for reducing surplus capacity.

What are the council doing about Bradfield - zilch, zip, nowt, nothing.

Can someone please tell me if they are doing something behind closed doors? Otherwise, if they break the conditions of the BSF from a legal standpoint are they risking the whole BSF programme by ignoring Bradfield. I could be scaremongering here but by ignoring the WHOLE NORTH WEST AREA are the WHOLE COUNCIL jeopardising £250 million coming Sheffield way.

To the SOCS team - perhaps this is something your legal team could look into?? Prove to the BSF that the council are not meeting conditions of the programme.

The way addmissions work is thus;

You live in the catchment area with sibbling

You live within the catchment area,

sibblings at the school but you live out of catchment area,

attending a catchment feeder primary but outside the catchment area,

the surplus places are then put out for people out of catchment area.

In theory we have a choice, in practice we dont.

Dont be fooled in to thinking if you are out of catchment you will get a place over someone in catchment.

People lie, cheat & get solicitors to get there kids in to school these days.

People lie, cheat & get solicitors to get there kids in to school these days.

Just what the council encourage people to do. By refusing options 2&3 for Bradfield catchment they are actively going to encourage this.

PS/ People with money can afford solicitors and people have the perception what WPV is wealthy. (I personally disagree with this as my pockets are usually empty at the end of the month and I live there).

If you are not happy with the merger decision I would advise that people send a message to the prime minister via the site where the petition is that The Chavs has set up - let him know the kind of councils that he has running the cities!!!!