The Myers Grove - Wisewood schools merge debate

should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?

• No- Don't merge the schools
    • Yes- Merge the schools
    • No- Keep both schools open, spend the money improving both schools

The vote Labour cos me dad did has been smashed in my family, labour lost 16 hereditery votes because of the Wisewood debacle.

My father in law a rabid Labour man who has been known to get off his sick bed to vote abstained (he couldn't quite switch to another party but it was still a lost vote for Labour)

Earlier redrobbo quoted figures that showed an increase in Labour votes this only denotes increased turnout if they lost 16 from my family alone how many others turned and hopefully Robert and Janet will reap their rewards in the next 2 years.

people of sheffield have "historically" voted labour,

Why I ask, the answer is usually "coz me dad did".

Until that mentality is broken we will forever be under this dictatorship that is the sheffield labour party

So much for "listening to what the people of the city, the people that voted them in want

:rant::rant:

And what are we to do if you have no faith in any of them !!!

Honestly today was a farce. There were several speeches from both sides and do you know the overiding thing which came out of everyones speech was: "it was labour said/did this, lib-dems said/did that etc etc, " followed by heckles and shouts from the other side. Noone cencentrated on the outstanding issues which came from the gallery. Noone anwered all the questions which still remain outstanding. It was pure one-upmanship. Jilian Creasey was the only one who appears to leave the squabbles out of her speech and she did not throw mud at any side from what I can recall.

Aswell as historic voting of labour because your parent did, this is true. I also feel that alot of people dont vote because they have no faith. If faced with two packs of rotten eggs in a supermarket you use your power by refusing both. You dont buy a pack just because. When will the self serving, egotistical baffoons on the council realise that people are not voting in droves due to their incompetences. (PS/ this is my personal opinion of the council members at this present time and does not apply to all, it is a general observation from todays meeting after seeing them heckle, shout out when people are speaking, laugh at others, make gestures, hiss, geer, read newspapers instead, pass chocolates around, bring their kids in, pass notes to each other, walk in and out anytime they want etc etc).:rant::rant:

Who are the "members" that serve(use that very lightly) the catchment area's for Wise wood?

That would be the three Councillors for Hillsborough:

Cllr Janet Bragg (Labour)

Cllr Steve Ayris (Lib Dem)

Cllr Robert MacDonald (Labour)

The boundary for the Wisewood catchment is contained entirely within Hillsborough ward, AFAIK - although some children do go there from Stannington and Walkley wards or even further afield.

That would be the three Councillors for Hillsborough:

Cllr Janet Bragg (Labour)

Cllr Steve Ayris (Lib Dem)

Cllr Robert MacDonald (Labour)

The boundary for the Wisewood catchment is contained entirely within Hillsborough ward, AFAIK - although some children do go there from Stannington and Walkley wards or even further afield.

wonder how they voted?

The Labour group all voted for the merger (including their two Hillsborough Councillors) - i.e. to close Wisewood and merge with Myers.

The Lib Dem group all voted against.

they could be looking for a new gravy train job come next year then:hihi: