Does anybody remember outside toilets in back to back houses

hi paul

yeah i remember em!!

mi dad was still using it seven yrs ago just before he died!

its still there at me ma's!

when we were kids we had a dog called Paddy, bless im', he could yodel as well!! we used to tether him to the lead an tek im' with us!

they were the days of the 'Big Film' on a sat nite, usually a cowboy. one of us were sent to the beer -off on scott road for nibbett's and a bottle of dandelion and burdock!

then t' bog after wi' dog!!

thats gospel

Dean

my grandparents lived down cliffe on shortridge street opposite banners and they had outside toilets, i remember waking up in the middle of the night to got to the toilet i was scared stiff but i got up and went i couldn,t see a thing i just couldn,t imagine my kids doing the same

lazyherbert

IZAL at mi' grandma's!!

and mi' grand dad, news of the world or what ever, in two, then four, 6" nail, hammer, back of door, BANG! bog roll!

Spot on. Reading & ******** at the same time,if it was light because we had no lights in the bogs in those days.Also sometimes when you pulled the flush a great gush of water came over the top of the cistern & wet you through.

scariest part though was gettin' out of it! not so bad going, but coming out and feeling the hairs on the back of yer neck stand up, cause when you was in there you thought there was some insiduous, mallingering,hackneyed orgre waitin' for yer'!! our dog's feet never touched the floor till he landed in the off - shot kitchen!!