teachers tyres?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 10:57 ----------

I was there at that time, anyone remember John Roberts who punctured all the

teachers tyres?

A few names i can remember Diane Dell/ Rodney Whiffin /Elaine Hutchinson /

Carl Stevens/Dave Lee/Linda Brown/Duggy Fairfax/Mick Shepherd/Carol Davis/

Leslie G---/Doreen &jean Crooks/David Cope/Joe Fletcher/Dennis[bunny]Briggs/

Mattimore family/-----Housley.

I was at P/E from 1953 Through to leaving at 15 in 1960.

1st job was in Shaws Butchers opposite the school.

anyone out there ,please get in touch.

I was at Prince Edward School until the 1968, I remember all the teachers mentioned here. Liked seeing my name as well, Elaine Hutchinson, I also remember Wendy Hepburn, Gail Cauldwell, the Doman twins, Hazel Skelton, Steven Vaughn to name a few others.

---------- Post added 18-08-2014 at 15:55 ----------

Old Dave, are you David Hoole? If so I lived across the road from you on QMR, with my sister Pat

Hi there, Harry Hewitt was my brother, who else in the Hewitt family can you remember? Can you remember Joe Malia or the Glossops or Billy Wainwright the Archers, Mr Hancock was the headmaster when I went to school at Prince Edwards, I left in 1954.

I think Joe Malia had a sister called Joan who was in our class , little cracker was Joan.

---------- Post added 18-08-2014 at 18:40 ----------

mark do you remember diggers mate molly?,and big jeff the window cleaner? or barry ? they all used to drink in the elm tree with digger

Jeff Crawshaw the window cleaner, worked with his mom .

Wasnt Harlech the yellow one? I was in Conway, which was blue, and I think Caernarfon was red and Caerphilly was green.

When I was there the houses were Norfolk/Green, Huntsman/Red, Firth/Blue and Chantrey/ yellow

my sister and i went to P.E. from 1959 till 65. margaret and janet williams . our friend susan haywood lived in dagnam drive near us . i (maggie) remember peter frost ,stehen raper. michael strobin , peter cutler . jill cocker janet billups denise boldock philip holt .and lots more .can remember having to sing " To be a pilgrim" and miss pilgrim being there . the school dinners were served in the corrider from what i remember . was forced to eat cheese pie ugh and it made me sick . i vaguely remember mrs bingham( of the binghams potted meat company ) who was a teacher . keep remebering the odd thing but sure dementia setting in . im 60 now and it all seems a,million years away now . i passed 11th plus and went to all girls school at dore . my god so posh it was .not many council estate girls went there. my sister janet went to hurlfield on east bank. happy days :banana:

my sister and i went to P.E. from 1959 till 65. margaret and janet williams . our friend susan haywood lived in dagnam drive near us . i (maggie) remember peter frost ,stehen raper. michael strobin , peter cutler . jill cocker janet billups denise boldock philip holt .and lots more .can remember having to sing " To be a pilgrim" and miss pilgrim being there . the school dinners were served in the corrider from what i remember . was forced to eat cheese pie ugh and it made me sick . i vaguely remember mrs bingham( of the binghams potted meat company ) who was a teacher . keep remebering the odd thing but sure dementia setting in . im 60 now and it all seems a,million years away now . i passed 11th plus and went to all girls school at dore . my god so posh it was .not many council estate girls went there. my sister janet went to hurlfield on east bank. happy days :banana:

I think I know your sister Janet. Did she go out with a lad called Troy from Norfolk Park. If so we all used to meet in Barbara Mathewman's house on Travey Rd.

Billy Reaney , Malcolm Styring, Ashley Wilkes [Manor Top tailor] Violet Brown, [married a vicar] Mick Holgate, [isle of Man builder], Keith Davies,[railway worker],Pat Mather, Susan Etchiels?, Billy White, Albert Williams, Charly Titterton, Glyn Jones,Jeanette Peck,Sid Brown, Vincent Murphy,Mick Dawson, Graham Gascoine, Kieth Marlow .

All at Prince Edwards in the years 1948 until 1958[ approx.]

I was there at that time, anyone remember John Roberts who punctured all the

teachers tyres?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 10:57 ----------

I was at Prince Edward School until the 1968, I remember all the teachers mentioned here. Liked seeing my name as well, Elaine Hutchinson, I also remember Wendy Hepburn, Gail Cauldwell, the Doman twins, Hazel Skelton, Steven Vaughn to name a few others.

---------- Post added 18-08-2014 at 15:55 ----------

Old Dave, are you David Hoole? If so I lived across the road from you on QMR, with my sister Pat

Hi there,yes that's me but I cannot place you as yet what is your name??

I think I know your sister Janet. Did she go out with a lad called Troy from Norfolk Park. If so we all used to meet in Barbara Mathewman's house on Travey Rd.

yes she did . they went out with each other a long time .

At Prince Edwards from 1954 to 1958 Hancock headmaster one arm his cane really hurt mister Birk science teacher with two canes one black one white first lesson in his class he said who likes Blackpool rock or cleethorpes Rock if anybody misbehaves they will receive one of these other teachers miss Flanagan miss fletcher Mr March mr Gratton Mr White miss Butler she used cane the girls. Mr Goodlad mr March lads I remember Freddie Lonsdale big mate at the time John Pickering lasses Janet barker connie Stevens

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it seems some others have hinted that Mrs Pilgrim was at thet school for ages. Can anyone come back with earliest recollections of her? She didn't seem overly aged when I was there (left in '71) she still used to prance around the maypole in the hall. She also took me for handwriting (as mentioned) and sewing (!!) where I promptly made an owl that looked like a brown cabbage.

Now woodwork. Who still has a boot puller offer? I also made a rattle but put the noise bits on the wrong side so that you had to spin it the wrong way. Was it Paul Kenny who made a Zither? Flash ble***r

iwas there from 1959 infants and then juniors and left in 65.i remember mrs pilgrim . i passed 11plus and went to king ecgbert girls school .

At Prince Edwards from 1954 to 1958 Hancock headmaster one arm his cane really hurt mister Birk science teacher with two canes one black one white first lesson in his class he said who likes Blackpool rock or cleethorpes Rock if anybody misbehaves they will receive one of these other teachers miss Flanagan miss fletcher Mr March mr Gratton Mr White miss Butler she used cane the girls. Mr Goodlad mr March lads I remember Freddie Lonsdale big mate at the time John Pickering lasses Janet barker connie Stevens[/quote

I was there the same time as you.

1948 til 58 for me, Got beat up on a regular basis by four of that lot.

Gratton would do it wether you had done owt wrong or not .

The better dressed you was the better you got treated at that bloody hell hole.:mad:

I was at PE infants and juniors until 1961

I remember Mr Vernon Cross Headmaster ..he smoked a pipe and he used to pick up the little girls !! I remember the smell of his pipe tobacco.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Mr Bellamy He used to walk down the rows of desks and whack the boys on the back of the head if they weren't paying attention !

I also remember Mrs Gilson and Miss Stephenson as well as Mrs Webster.

My sister and brother [ also on this forum ] went to PE too and later on my son was there.

Some names I remember are Terry Dell Elaine Kay Jean Tilney Alan Kitchen Michael Oldale Mick Szymanski Peter Briggs Susan Foulstone Susan Jackson.

I am sure more will come back to me

Hi, I remember these names! Gosh, what happened to them all? Also Carol Robertson, Phillip Northall, Susan Rowbotham. I am sure others will come to mind once I get reminiscing!