i left prince edwards for hurlfield in 1975 i was in miss kingdoms class with

paul townsend

mark dodds

vaughn steel

karen wilson

wendy ball

heather dealy

gary needham

can remember loads of faces but forgot their names ..well i am gettin on a bit:|

I remember Gary Needham-he was a friend of my brothers, think he lived on Fitzhubert Rd near the junction with Windy House Lane (top of estate) if thats the right one.

mumsy

I remember Gary Needham-he was a friend of my brothers, think he lived on Fitzhubert Rd near the junction with Windy House Lane (top of estate) if thats the right one.

mumsy

Little Mr Thomas was Headmaster and he gave me plenty of stick.

ONE OF THE TEACHERS EITHER mr WHITE OR brown had two different canes

and used to let you chose which one you wanted to be whacked with.

We had Mr Bluff as Woodwork teacher, he was good.

I lived on Queen Mary Rd opposite a garage site , Just below Wulfric Rd, i think it was 104 Q.M.Rd

with 2 sisters Dorreen & Jean who both attended P.E school though they are older sisters.

The names Wendy Ball & G.Needham ring a bell but i am not sure if i've read

them in the forum.

Why do the people on forum ,Not give their names/maiden names. I have only just joined the forum and i suppose there must be a reason for not doing so.

Nice to hear from you,Thanks for replying

regards John

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:03 ----------

I went to Prince Edward in the Infants and Juniors and all those lads were in my class. Some other names I remember: Ian Ashton, David Nichols, David Straw, John Kenyon, Mick Shaw, Robert Wells, Some of the girls: Vicky Dell, Marlene Bodell, Susan Haywood, Sandra Hewitt, Josephine Hobson, Wendy Grice, Valerie Hopkins, Jean Haigh.:)

Hi Merrydown

Sounds like i was there at same time, i remember those names too

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:04 ----------

I went to Prince Edward in the Infants and Juniors and all those lads were in my class. Some other names I remember: Ian Ashton, David Nichols, David Straw, John Kenyon, Mick Shaw, Robert Wells, Some of the girls: Vicky Dell, Marlene Bodell, Susan Haywood, Sandra Hewitt, Josephine Hobson, Wendy Grice, Valerie Hopkins, Jean Haigh.:)

Hi Merrydown

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 13:57 ----------

Little Mr Thomas was Headmaster and he gave me plenty of stick.

ONE OF THE TEACHERS EITHER mr WHITE OR brown had two different canes

and used to let you chose which one you wanted to be whacked with.

We had Mr Bluff as Woodwork teacher, he was good.

I lived on Queen Mary Rd opposite a garage site , Just below Wulfric Rd, i think it was 104 Q.M.Rd

with 2 sisters Dorreen & Jean who both attended P.E school though they are older sisters.

The names Wendy Ball & G.Needham ring a bell but i am not sure if i've read

them in the forum.

Why do the people on forum ,Not give their names/maiden names. I have only just joined the forum and i suppose there must be a reason for not doing so.

Nice to hear from you,Thanks for replying

regards John

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:03 ----------

Hi Merrydown

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:04 ----------

Hi Merrydown

Hi MERRYDOWN

YES that is me and my sisters.

i remember letting in the new year at your house, your mum would'nt let

anyone else do it, i used to black up for her and she said i brought her some good luck.

Our Dorreen who is on facebook/skype now lives in manchester and i bet she'd like to hear about your Joyce, i remember joyce too. What is your first name, is it sandra or Jean & what age are you now[sorry to ask]

thanks for getting back to me.

john R

Edited by badboyme
afterthought

Hi, merrydown I remember your big sister and your mum I think you had a brother but I can not recall his name, now a little older,I was learning hairdressing at the time,I practised on your mum, and sister Joyce, I think I did cut your hair as well.Do you remember my brother John and sister Jean .I went to Woodthorpe school till I was 15 we lived no Queenmary road opp garages . am on skype and facebook see if you can get inthouch only I have not been using a computer for all that long .:confused:

---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 20:51 ----------

We had been living on the woodthope and attended the school there , But when we moved back on to the manor est Queenmary road ,September 1957 thats when our Jean and John started back at Prince Edward school.

IS anyone STILL ALIVE from my era

come on !! dont be shy, lets hear from you.

I was at PE school juniors & seniors untill 1960

with a couple of years out, at woodthorpe school.

After leaving school I went to work next day in SHAWS the butchers

opposite Barnards on manor top.

Edited by badboyme
afterthought

went to prince edward from around 72-76, remember a lot of lads, greg middleton, payl holmes richard betson, adrian davidson, ian bownes, john megson, paul kenny.

Does anyone know what any of these are doing now ? cheers

what a s**t school

Agree Pops .

I was there until 1958 some of those teachers made Hannabal Lecter look like a non starter.

went to prince edward from around 72-76, remember a lot of lads, greg middleton, payl holmes richard betson, adrian davidson, ian bownes, john megson, paul kenny.

Does anyone know what any of these are doing now ? cheers

I was there from 72-76. I'm hopeless at remembering names, but some of those are ringing bells.

My Dad, Michael, went to Prince Edward School in this time. We have a school report saying he was 1st out of 39 in the class in 1953 (Class S III) with top marks in Arithmetic, History and Geography. The report is signed by Class Teacher A H White and Head Teacher L C Hancock. My Dad was born on Windy House Lane, Manor.

Edited by joolsmw13

My Dad, Michael, went to Prince Edward School in this time. We have a school report saying he was 1st out of 39 in the class in 1953 (Class S III) with top marks in Arithmetic, History and Geography. The report is signed by Class Teacher A H White and Head Teacher L C Hancock. My Dad was born on Windy House Lane, Manor.

I attended Prince Edward school from 1948 until escaping in 1958.

Still got the bruises to show for it!

Hi. just seen this one. I was at Prince Edwards from 1958 till 1965. I then went on to City Grammar after passing my 11 plus. I was in Miss Pilgrims class in the 4th year juniors, Mr Vernon Cross was our headmaster